Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Great Advice on BFF's and Self

There is a Franklin Covey consultant I've been working with lately. His name is Kevin, but he's recently gained the nickname of K Dawg due to his excessive calling and e-mailing me the last couple of days asking questions about the programs he is supposed to be teaching. Pretty much, I'd say that we are friends now, even though we've never met. (I've acquired a few of these friends through work... most of them being the catering managers at different hotels and venues on the East Coast.)

Today Kevin responded to an e-mail where I apologized due to the craziness of the new programs we are up and running. He told me that I was doing a phenomenal job and then followed with this advice:

"Give yourself credit--Treat yourself as you would your best friend."

Of course, I initially chuckled about the comment. But in all honesty, it really got me thinking about my VERY best friends and the way that I treat them and the way that they treat me.......How would the world be if we all treated ourselves like we did our best friend? People would actually start being nice to themselves and love their lives more than ever. Individuals would start listening and trusting themselves and they would have no reason to fear reaching for the stars because they would have confidence in knowing that they had someone who loved and supported them.

Wow...I can only imagine. Thanks for the thought-provoking advice, K Dawg!



No comments: