My BFF Hyrum came to visit this weekend. It was my first weekend after my first week of work.. so I was a little tired but seeing him automatically makes me a little hyper.. I don't know what it is. HA! Well we only had friday night and all day saturday to hang out but we had a lot of fun and had a lot to laugh about.
Friday night Jeff and Hyrum and I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant called Buca di Beppo which has really good food. I immediately fell in love with the restaurant because of their black and white pictures all over their walls AND the fact that their menus show pictures of their entrees (weird, that I love that so much, but I do...). Well, the picture below shows what happened to me on my first visit to Buca di Beppo. Doesn't look too bad?? Well, it was. Hyrum was handing his menu to the waitress and well, let's just say that there was no water, ice OR lemon left in my glass. It was all in my lap. Embarrassing.

After we went to dinner we decided to walk around downtown. I talked to two sisters from Edmonton, Canada, where my brother Coleman is serving, so that was fun! We kind of just took in the downtown atmosphere and enjoyed the GORGEOUS weather.

On Saturday Hyrum and I decided to go to Lagoon. I went ahead and purchased a season pass just because it was like paying to go only two times. So I'm pretty cool now with my Lagoon card with my big face on it. Our biggest priority was to go on the Wicked. Hyrum had never been and well, we loved it. That coaster is insane.
The whole day at Lagoon was quite the experience. We both intentionally didn't put on sunscreen with the hopes of getting a little color. Well, Hyrum never puts on sunscreen.. or aloe for that matter. After we got home and I was tending to my sunburnt chest he told me that aloe was for wimps. But then after I frowned he said, "or for Blondies!" Thanks, Hy. Thanks. Anyways, we had my soon-to-be niece Regan and her other 14 year old friend with us. Great fun but it was filled with drama. I honestly do NOT remember everything being so dramatic but I'm sure I was like that a little. And maybe it was because we were with 14 year olds all day.... but Hyrum and I (mostly I) was completely bothered by the following picture:
Yes, those are little boys running the Samari ride at Lagoon. I kid you not. Lagoon is basically ran by kids who look like they are 10 years old. I couldn't believe it. I probably complained about it 20 times throughout the day. I think it's great that these little kids have something to keep themselves busy during the summer to keep them out of trouble and to keep them active. But wouldn't sending them to a summer camp suffice? They are YOUNG teenagers. OK, I wasn't so bothered by all of the 14 year olds who were doing the carny games (like "step up and I'll guess your age, weight or birth month", or "throw this ball and hit down all three milk jugs") But the boys in the above picture were running the Samari by themselves. All I have to say is if you can't drive yourself to work then you should NOT be able to run a ride at a theme park....Oh man, we had some good laughs about it though. If I didn't have a job I would have job challenged them FOR SURE!
Well, the weekend is over (besides the rest of today which will consist of napping). I wish the weekend wasn't quite over yet and that Hyrum didn't have to leave... But life goes on. Hopefully I remember everything I've learned in my training for work tomorrow :)
2 comments:
Seeing Hyrum makes me a little hyper, too!
Wish you would have shown a picture of the sunburn. Hope you got lots of rest for tomorrow!
Post a Comment