Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Joke?

On my drive to and from my first day of work, which happens to be exactly one week ago, I noticed a very familiar smell. Not smells that remind me of happy things like the smell of Abercrombie Fiece Cologne or fresh cut hay, but a smell that reminds me of my old job. Yep, you got it. STINK ROOM!

I noticed it while driving on my first day and had a hearty chuckle because I was excited that I wasn't going to work in a place where I had dress super grungy because I knew the second I got there I would automatically stink of skunk, various animal urines and more yuck. I was going to be going to a big girl job where I could where heels and skirts and even do my hair and makeup because, well, it mattered!

I thought the first day that the smell would go away but now I'm thinking that someone is playing an awful joke on me because EVERY day for the last week as I drive to the office and home for the evening I catch the distinct smell of stink room. It never fails. This, of course, makes me think of Rocky Mountain. It was definintely a great summer job. I think someone is trying to play a little joke on me because I really am reminded of it every day!

Despite the smells... I have a lot of good memories at that place. It's going to be weird not working this fourth of July. Hmmm? What to do? I think it will consist of firework shopping along side the rest of the pyros followed by a party?? Yes, I think so!

No comments: