Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday

"You know what I love about long drives? Soft serve ice cream."
-Kier
Clealy the girl wanted ice cream.  Who were we to get in the way of something she loves? We didn't stop her.  The best was that we kept asking what kind she wanted and she kept saying "whatever kind I want." umm? k.  Arctic Circle on Kiersten for the win :)

"SEGREGATION!"

-Kier about girls going up one flight of stairs and boys up the other...only to see that a black kid followed the both of us up the stairs as she chanted this.
I was dying.  Of course the kid was behind me so she didn't see what was going on.  I'm sure the kid didn't think anything of it.  But let's be real for a minute... There are a few things I feel like you don't chant when you're around certain people.  I think this was one of those things and one of those moments.  

"Do you remember when I used to play that sad Muppet's song and you would just sit and cry?"

-Jamie
The sad part about all of this is that I have a vivid memory of me sitting on the floor in the dark crying while Jamie MADE me listen to this song on our green record player.  She knew it made me sad.  You guys, it was about "saying goodbye and going away."  I mean, that was really in the lyrics.  It was sad..so yeah.. I cried a little.  Maybe this is why I have such a hard time saying goodbye to people and letting people go.  Way to ruin me, Jamie ;)

"Where's Fro-Ro?" -Mom

"OK, Scooby doo." -Cole
Mom is so funny.  Sometimes she just can't get certain words right.. I honestly don't think she means for it to be funny.  Like, she couldn't say Fro-Yo... or she was just confused, I don't know.  But it was so funny. ( I just said it again in my head and laughed out loud. )  Oh how I love that mother of mine.  And her love for Jamba Juice and Fro-Yo.  Two peas in a pod.

"You need to get on it." -Mom to me about getting a man

"Yeah, Jenn." -Nieko annoyingly agreeing
Nieko was finally able to meet my parents when they were here this weekend.  Of course mom brought up me finding a man.. I think I was talking about someone who graduated from the singles ward but hasn't left yet so she was like "yeah, you're right there too." (at least that's my version of it. even if she didn't REALLY say that haha) and Nieko of course jumped right in on agreeing with Linda. 

 He would. He did. He's rude.

"He's like a human."

-Justin Bieber on instagram about his pet monkey. 
If you know me then you know how I feel about this.  While, I have to admit that this one (in this picture only) is kind of cute, I still don't change the way I feel about them.   LOOK at those fingers.  AND how it's sleeping. *shiver* 




"I had a nightmare that I was on Good Morning America for buying the most expensive cross bow."
-Dad
Dad learned how to use his iPad so he's on Ebay. A lot.  Well about 1:30 am, mom and I were watching Vampire Diaries and he hands the iPad over after he realized that he accidentally bid $17,500 for a cross bow instead of $175. At the time I wasn't laughing because I was frantically trying to google how to reverse a bid.  Clearly he didn't mean to bid that much on a bow that was maybe worth 3 or 4 hundred.  Haha, we got the bid cancelled but he still had a nightmare about it.  We can laugh about it now.  I think he learned his lesson about checking a few times before pressing enter when he's bidding..and about the extra zeros and stuff.  haha.  My father.  The best.

"Why's he wearing a suit?" -Kier

"Probably going to a quesadilla." -Mom
"I think you mean Quinceanera.  Racist." -Me
HAHAHA.  Again with the different words.  But this one had me laughing for a really long time.  Quesadilla. smh.  Yes, the kid was Mexican and it was a Saturday afternoon.. so I guess she did have a valid point.  

"Was there anything wrong with that monkey bread?" -Sam

"It was probably just hard. Why?"-Cole
"I may have eaten some out of the garbage." -Sam
REALLY?! Most people throw things in the trash so they don't eat them.  I do this.  Why? Because I don't eat shiz out of the trash so If I don't want to eat more of something, I throw it away.  Or I throw it out because, I don't know.. it's bad.  Not Sam.  The kid literally ate some of the Monkey Bread I threw away in the trash.  haha

yeah. I cannot.

"Ok, maybe I can be an Indian only on the weekends."
-Nieko
Alright so he's not REALLY going to do this.  We were just talking about a vid that Nieko watched and were coming up with crazy ideas.  But if you get the chance, watch the video about the guy on "My Crazy Obsession" who is obsessed with mermaids.  You guys, the dude really has a tail and goes and swims in the open water like he's a merman.  He can even hold his breath for like 4 minutes or something.  He was serious too, which we don't get.  

You'll have to excuse us, we are just really intrigued by people like this.  Like, we don't get it.

*note.. If you have a weird obsession like this, I'm sorry for making fun of you.. but I feel like you have to just get used to it.  In all seriousness.  Somethings people just don't understand, and this mermaid thing is one of them. Oh, but we did decided that we would of course still love you...while still thinking it's weird.

Mermaids. smh.

"This trip might have topped New York."
-Easton
This is just me officially calling him out for having so much fun with out us.  As if that is even possible. *insert overly dramatic cackle.*  Glad you had so much fun on your "Mancation" though.

"Please bless you're open, please bless you're open."
-Kier about Zepe's at 10:00 at night
"You're calling them?" -me
"Yeah.  I pay my tithing." -Kier ... 2 seconds later while the phone is ringing
"My phone died." -Kier
Hi Kier, this is the universe saying "SCREW YOU!" 

Hahaha. It really was the funniest.  lesson learned:  Just because you pay your tithing, it doesn't mean places that sell delicious treats will stay open all hours of the night just for you.

Unfortunately.

No comments: