Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just the Two of Us :)

Yesterday I came home to an apartment with one less roommate. 

Sam has been living with Cole and me for the last 7 months so it was kind of weird getting home from work, walking down the hall, and not seeing double the mess or the air mattress and suitcases in Cole's room or sports center on the TV in the living room.  I'm not really complaining about most of that though. ;)

I've talked about how big of a blessing it was to have Sam move in with us at a time where Cole was still looking for work.  Really, I've said it many times and I'll say it again...Heavenly Father really does know what we need when we need it. I know it's because I faithfully pay my tithing.  No doubt about it.

Sure, having any sort of roommate becomes a challenge but it's in those challenges that we learn and grow.  I've learned more about the things that I can stand, the things that bug me (and how to handle with it) and I've learned how to be a little more understanding.  Now, I'm not saying that I didn't get frustrated.  To the people who always listen to me complain--I'm annoying, and I'm not sure how you put up with me and my faux dramatic life.  Haha. Trust me, I've lived with PLENTY of roommates in my days, and I've also lived alone so yeah, roommates aren't always ideal.  However, at the end of it all I'm truly grateful for the learning experience.

 So now it's back to just Cole and I and I really want to just enjoy this summer with him as my roommate.  He really is one of my best friends.  Can you believe that around this time last year, Cole was leaving for Canada to work and I was living alone for the summer in the old apartment on Main street?  haha. It's funny how things change in only a year.  Now, we are looking toward some big changes at the end of this year with Cole and Kier most likely "tying the knot" in the near future. ( Did I just say that before anything is official?  Yeah, I did.  But get real.  Like people aren't already assuming that it will eventually happen.) With all of that I'm not sure what that means for me, but this last week I've gotten to really start thinking about it as Cole and I started talking about what was going down. Crap will be getting REAL and things will be changing in a big way for me.  I'm nervous, excited, and mostly just want to puke about it all but I know it's good.

Three years ago when I graduated from school I wasn't sure that things would ever be "OK" for me.  Of course, I was being all "Jenn" about it because things always work out.  They just do.  I'm just starting to realize that I'm going to actually have to start figuring out what I want to do with my life for ME... no one else.  Which is something I've been praying about for a long time.

I have some 2013 goals written on a piece of paper and taped to my bathroom mirror. Most of them are to help remind myself that I need to stop and take care of me (as well as still helping others) because over the last couple of years, I haven't done a good job of that.  Like, at all.  But Heavenly Father is working it out so that I have no other choice but to start taking care of myself.  Again, that makes me want to throw up, but I'm ready for it. I have to be.  Plus, I've been praying for it so I have no other choice but to, you know, do it and make it work.

So feel free to give me suggestions on what I should do with my life after the next few months.  My roommate Mandy in college was inspired to point me toward a degree/career path back in 2007, so i'm convinced someone should be able to tell me what to do next :) haha. but really. I'm just taking it once step at a time like everyone else and honestly. .. I'm just ready for warm weather and to enjoy this summer.  Speaking of that...Can someone please tell me why it's so cold and snowing and it's the middle of April???  BOOOOOOOOOO.

ok, that is all.

No comments: