We all have one of those friends or coworkers who is just like this. Sometimes people will call you out on this one if you do this enough. However, most of the time the stories that come out of these people's mouths are so outrageous and so false that you can't help but sit there and listen to what they come up with next.
I know someone who keeps talking about how Hallmark and the Discovery Channel are working on writing their "Story" into a movie/episode. That might be true, who knows? But the story seems so crazy and this person is so dramatic and open about it that it's really hard for me to believe. But I'm not going to be the person, in this case, who's like "REALLY?" Instead, I just sit there and listen and ask questions and then talk about it to my coworker afterward. Don't judge me for "gossiping" about this person. We all have done this at some point. And besides, they are the one who is supposedly going to let the world see their story and talk about it anyway. They asked for it.
My point? It's annoying. No, we don't care that you think all these girls want you or whatever. Who are you trying to kid? We know you. We know that "So and So" wouldn't date you. We also all have facebook, twitter and instagram and we know what you're up too these days. We know you're job isn't that cool. We know, we know, we know. I guess what I'm saying is, if you want people to think you're cool.. Just BE cool. It's not that hard. Making up stories, bragging or lying about dumb stuff just makes you annoying... and significantly less cool.
I'm just trying to help.
The Combined Couple Facebook page
For the love of Social Media, why do people do this?! I've came up with a few lame reasons why I think people MIGHT do this. But before you read it...I think they are all stupid.
1.) The woman doesn't trust the man. If he's going to cheat on you using facebook, there are other ways he can do it. Just saying. I know of someone who was using the Chat part of her "Words with Friends" game to hook up with this guy who wasn't her husband. I also heard of people drawing pictures of where to meet up next on their "Draw Something" app. All of which seem really confusing and way too time consuming but yeah, there are ways outside of facebook. Where's the trust?
2.) Someone in the relationship is TOO excited about the fact that they are married. (I'm assuming that it has to be the girl that makes this stuff up because I don't know what dude would be like, "Babe, let's combine our Facebook Pages to show how in love we are." get.freaking.real. I can't see that happening.)
3.) The man doesn't use facebook, maybe? But here's the thing. If you don't use facebook, you don't need your name on it. Ever.
4.) I'm just assuming the girl got the idea and the dude simply can't find his manhood (if you know what I mean.)
All of these reasons are stupid, and I'm sure there are even more idiotic reasons why people might do this. Maybe someone saw someone else do it and they were like "oh that's cute?" That's just my opinion (and of course you're entitled to your own) But I really believe that most people don't think it's cute. It's annoying.
If you have a combined Facebook page and you're reading this, don't get offended. Just separate your facebook pages, and simply put your relationship status to "married." We get that. Plus, doesn't it get annoying that people don't know if it's you or your wife (or vice versa) talking? ugh. I just got annoyed thinking about it.
It's dumb. We all think it. The end. Moving on.
People who only focus on one thing on their Social Media accounts.
Do you know where I'm going with this one? I have a few "friends" who do this and they have gotten to the point where they just get skimmed over when I'm reading all the updates.
1.) People who only post ONE-SIDED political rants. I hate them.
2.) People who post a hundred million religious quotes and pictures and junk. Don't get me wrong, I love reading some of the quotes but when that is all you are posting, it kind of gets annoying.
These aren't too bad though. I mean, I can decide to not follow you if I want so it's whatever. However, I'm just trying to help. Try mixing it up a little. Like, write in your status about something embarrassing you did that day. Or post a picture of your cat. Actually, scratch that... I hate cats but for some reason everyone is obsessed with them these days. It's weird. I'm just saying change it up.
People who are grumpy All.the.time.
I know that my blog rants or occasional angry tweets might make me sound like a perma grumy gumpster. I am not. In fact, I feel like I'm happy and having a good time, most of the time! But one thing I can't stand is someone who is always grumpy. We know this girl who we say has a "Perma-B" look on her face all the time. It's true. Don't people know how wrinkly their face will get with all that scowling and frowning. Just stop.
Speaking of grumpy people..If people are doing nice things for you (ie going to your birthday party just to be nice even though no one really wanted to go) it's kind of just a courtesy that you be nice to them and smile or something. I don't know. Plus, if it's a party to celebrate your life, why wouldn't you be happy? I'd be like "I love my liiiiife. RED BULLS ALL AROUND. PARRRRRRTTY." for real. But no. Some people decide to complain about the party someone else planned for them, accuse people of doing things that they may or may not have done and then give them 'Tude when they decide to peace out early. I don't get it.
Grumpy people are annoying. And you'll probably only get called out by a good friend if this is you. But Perma-grumpy people don't have true good friends, I feel. So take it from me when I say, "chill out."
I know someone who keeps talking about how Hallmark and the Discovery Channel are working on writing their "Story" into a movie/episode. That might be true, who knows? But the story seems so crazy and this person is so dramatic and open about it that it's really hard for me to believe. But I'm not going to be the person, in this case, who's like "REALLY?" Instead, I just sit there and listen and ask questions and then talk about it to my coworker afterward. Don't judge me for "gossiping" about this person. We all have done this at some point. And besides, they are the one who is supposedly going to let the world see their story and talk about it anyway. They asked for it.
My point? It's annoying. No, we don't care that you think all these girls want you or whatever. Who are you trying to kid? We know you. We know that "So and So" wouldn't date you. We also all have facebook, twitter and instagram and we know what you're up too these days. We know you're job isn't that cool. We know, we know, we know. I guess what I'm saying is, if you want people to think you're cool.. Just BE cool. It's not that hard. Making up stories, bragging or lying about dumb stuff just makes you annoying... and significantly less cool.
I'm just trying to help.
The Combined Couple Facebook page
For the love of Social Media, why do people do this?! I've came up with a few lame reasons why I think people MIGHT do this. But before you read it...I think they are all stupid.
1.) The woman doesn't trust the man. If he's going to cheat on you using facebook, there are other ways he can do it. Just saying. I know of someone who was using the Chat part of her "Words with Friends" game to hook up with this guy who wasn't her husband. I also heard of people drawing pictures of where to meet up next on their "Draw Something" app. All of which seem really confusing and way too time consuming but yeah, there are ways outside of facebook. Where's the trust?
2.) Someone in the relationship is TOO excited about the fact that they are married. (I'm assuming that it has to be the girl that makes this stuff up because I don't know what dude would be like, "Babe, let's combine our Facebook Pages to show how in love we are." get.freaking.real. I can't see that happening.)
3.) The man doesn't use facebook, maybe? But here's the thing. If you don't use facebook, you don't need your name on it. Ever.
4.) I'm just assuming the girl got the idea and the dude simply can't find his manhood (if you know what I mean.)
All of these reasons are stupid, and I'm sure there are even more idiotic reasons why people might do this. Maybe someone saw someone else do it and they were like "oh that's cute?" That's just my opinion (and of course you're entitled to your own) But I really believe that most people don't think it's cute. It's annoying.
If you have a combined Facebook page and you're reading this, don't get offended. Just separate your facebook pages, and simply put your relationship status to "married." We get that. Plus, doesn't it get annoying that people don't know if it's you or your wife (or vice versa) talking? ugh. I just got annoyed thinking about it.
It's dumb. We all think it. The end. Moving on.
People who only focus on one thing on their Social Media accounts.
Do you know where I'm going with this one? I have a few "friends" who do this and they have gotten to the point where they just get skimmed over when I'm reading all the updates.
1.) People who only post ONE-SIDED political rants. I hate them.
2.) People who post a hundred million religious quotes and pictures and junk. Don't get me wrong, I love reading some of the quotes but when that is all you are posting, it kind of gets annoying.
These aren't too bad though. I mean, I can decide to not follow you if I want so it's whatever. However, I'm just trying to help. Try mixing it up a little. Like, write in your status about something embarrassing you did that day. Or post a picture of your cat. Actually, scratch that... I hate cats but for some reason everyone is obsessed with them these days. It's weird. I'm just saying change it up.
People who are grumpy All.the.time.
I know that my blog rants or occasional angry tweets might make me sound like a perma grumy gumpster. I am not. In fact, I feel like I'm happy and having a good time, most of the time! But one thing I can't stand is someone who is always grumpy. We know this girl who we say has a "Perma-B" look on her face all the time. It's true. Don't people know how wrinkly their face will get with all that scowling and frowning. Just stop.
Speaking of grumpy people..If people are doing nice things for you (ie going to your birthday party just to be nice even though no one really wanted to go) it's kind of just a courtesy that you be nice to them and smile or something. I don't know. Plus, if it's a party to celebrate your life, why wouldn't you be happy? I'd be like "I love my liiiiife. RED BULLS ALL AROUND. PARRRRRRTTY." for real. But no. Some people decide to complain about the party someone else planned for them, accuse people of doing things that they may or may not have done and then give them 'Tude when they decide to peace out early. I don't get it.
Grumpy people are annoying. And you'll probably only get called out by a good friend if this is you. But Perma-grumpy people don't have true good friends, I feel. So take it from me when I say, "chill out."