Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Why wasn't party planning, going to the movies or tanning on the list? Rude.

I wish I kept a hand written diary.  However, I just don't make the time for it like I know I should.  Instead, I blog.  Not as many people read my blog as they used too ever since I decided to stop posting them on Facebook and such.  But I like that,  because it feels like less of a chore and more of just place to write crap down.

Anyways, I've been having this inner dilemma lately as we've been talking about Family History in church.  I love hearing all the stories (sad and happy) and about the things our ancestors experienced.  It's neat! So that just got me thinking about the fact that I have nothing like that.  Not that my life is super interesting.  BUT.. if I ever have kids, or Alzheimer's disease or something, I think it would be nice for them to know what I was like and what I did as a youngish adult :)  But, here's the thing... Aside from some occasional letters and notes, I just don't make time to write crap down.  It's sad really. But that's just how things are these days.  People type, text, blog, IM and email.  That's just how it works.  Times have changed.  It's like cursive writing?  whatever happened to that?! They made us learn that in elementary school but we never use it.  I mean, I don't...unless I'm scribbling my signature on a receipt or a contract at work.  hmmm.  cursive writing.. smh.  Do they even teach that in school anymore?  I'm assuming they do since everyone has to know how to sign their name for Credit Card receipts.  Wow.  Sorry for the side note but *MIND BLOWN*.  I sure hope they tell the kids that they will RARELY use that.  what a rip off.

Anyways, there are websites now that let you make your blog into a book, so I'm just banking on that at this point. So....sorry future offspring, if you ever come.. Sorry for none of the handwritten stories.  But, I'm doing you a favor.  My lefty penmanship is sad.

So for now, I'll blog.  I just probably need to work up some courage to write about certain things that I don't want to forget and lessons learned... I'll try.  Just as long as it doesn't turn into a non stop sad/ pitty party, then I'm good.. because followers/friends/future, possible offspring..no matter who it is, they don't want to hear sad things ALL the time.  BORING.

 So.. I apologize if this blog ever makes you feel like this: haha


On that note--At church yesterday, they had everyone in the Relief Society fill out a sheet with likes/interest/Talents, ext.  The list had about 30 different things on it and they asked us to check all of the things that we were good at or were interested in.   You guys, I made fun of myself for this so you can too... 

As I was skimming through the list I checked, "Crafts, Reading, cooking, Current Events..."and as I kept going through the rest of the things I realized that I didn't like any of the the rest of the things on the list at all!  In fact, half of them were sport things and for some of the others, placing a check by it would have been stretching it a pinch.  Like, I almost checked carpentry because that one time I made those big lips that are on the wall in my dining room and I really did love using that saw...that one time....

I'll be honest, I was a little embarrassed at first.  "Do I not like things?! Am I not a fun person?!" I quickly decided to check photography and computers in hopes to make myself seem a little less pathetic.  I mean, I like taking pictures (not that I'm good) and who doesn't use a computer these days, really?!  But then I realized the things that I had checked didn't really make me seem less pathetic at all. 

haha. After finishing the sheet and writing "omg, I need to get some more interests:)" on the bottom, I realized a few things: 

1-Maybe that just wasn't a very well rounded list...?
2-I'm always doing something but maybe I just need to make more time for a little more of a focused activity.  Like I could take up archery again, although I haven't done that since the preteen years.  Or crocheting?  I mean, my mom taught me how a long time ago (not sure if that helps my street cred)...
3-Sports just aren't my thing.  Period.  I don't think that makes me a less interesting person.
4- Basically, I'm Totally in the market for a new hobby.  I'll work on it.

But for the record--I have interests and I do love things :)

1 comment:

Cathy J said...

New hobbies are great! Good luck finding a new one. I'm thinking of pottery . . .

p.s. I write in cursive on those rare occasions I actually write in my journal. Hope they continue to teach it or my offspring won't be able to read what I wrote.