Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Just a little blah blah blah, yada yada yada journal update

I knew this week was going to be long when I woke up with really bad woman pains on Monday morning.  I think Savanna said it best.."We should just get period days off from work." haha ok, maybe not go that extreme and maybe a little TMI, but you get my point.  The story is that I made it into work that day only to realize that I really didn't want to be there....like, at all.

so I left.

...and that started my long week.

Things have been a little crazy in my little world.  Not in the "I can't handle" it kind of way but just in the "I've had stress headaches all week, I'm homesick, can't seem to get enough sleep, my eyes are a hazy/fugly red color and I look like a homeless person" kind of way. yep.  That about sums it up.  Basically it's just one of those bearable weeks where nothing really bad happens and you're totally happy to be alive but just really "merp."

After talking it out with a few people I know what the issues are and where they are stemming from. I mean, I'm not stupid. I know I'm the main problem.  But will someone please just tell me that I'm not the only one that hates making that initial step towards big/hard change?  It sucks.  You know what sucks the worst about it?  Figuring out what exactly it is that you need to change.  Did I mention "it sucks?" oh yeah.

Well, I'm in that stage right now.  I know a few changes need to happen but I'm just not sure how I'm going to do that without changing some other people's lives as well.  But I also know that if I don't make the change then I'm probably doing more damage in the long run or just prolonging the inevitable   See, it's a real problem.  So, if someone would just help me figure out what I need to be doing with MY life next and where I need to be, that would at least make it a little easier. 

I'll figure it out eventually, I know I will.  I guess at least I'm admitting that there is a problem.  That's the first step, right?! 

Anyways....Few items of business/catch up.

I've mentioned that Cole and I have a new roommate, Sam (who really isn't new because he's been a friend for two years now) and actually.. that's been going pretty great. We have been adjusting to the whole idea of it and have so far enjoyed making and eating dinners together, and watching MOST of the same shows. [I say most because, I honestly have no desire to watch as much football or Fantasy Factory as they watch...and, I know they say they don't care for Vampire Diaries but... get real.]  So they share a room, and I don't know how they do it, but they make it work and really, the extra rent is nice ;)

Anyways,  the not so good part right now is that Cole is still looking for a job.  Side note--I'm sorry to any of you who are searching for a job right now because it's a nightmare.  But really?! Someone just needs to give homeboy a job.  I actually feel for him because I know how badly he wants/needs something so that he can make money to move on towards whatever it is that he wants to do with his life.  No one wants to be stagnant and put their future on hold for so long.  That can't be fun.  In fact, I know it's not.  It's stressful.  Well, things haven't been the easiest for him (except in the girl department. kid's got game) and I know that he'll get it figured out someday.  But right now, I would seriously leap for joy if he got an email or a call about a job saying "COME ON DOWN" (Yes, I think life should be treated like game show or reality tv sometimes. nbd).  If that did happen, that might make these headaches and "stoned" eyes go away.   We're praying.

On a lighter note...Bridget over in Travel just sent over the itinerary for my and Amy's very first FranklinCovey business trip for the beginning of November.  We're going to TAMPA!  Sure, it's only for a few days and we will spend 8 totally hours one day doing some stuff for work but any time that I can miss work for three days and get paid to get on a plane and go across the country and have more down time than work time?..I'm your girl!  I'm actually pretty excited for the seminar we are attending.  We're going to a new productivity workshop that we run at FranklinCovey called "5 Choices Essentials" so basically we should come back with some great tips on how to prioritize our lives, be productive, and make good life choices.  I'm all about that :)

OMG, you guys, just WAIT until you see Mason in his Halloween costume this year.  I won't tell you what it is but I've said it before and I will say it again.. that kid is adorable.  And his costume?  I'll just tell you that it's an animal and he's so cute in it that I could just eat him up.  I'm totally going to make him put it on when I'm home for the holidays. That's a FOR SURE thing.  Did that give it away? ;) anyways.  you're in for a treat. for real. 

humph...

Basically, I need the weekend.  I need the time to breathe and rid myself of my controlling "motherly ways", do a little Apartment appreciation, and have a little fun too :) We're going to nightmare on 13th tomorrow. OOOOMMMGGG, I love it!  Maybe I will actually use the weekend to start thinking about what I even want to be for  Halloween or watch Hocus Pocus.  Yeah.. my favorite month is flying by while I'm over here being all stressed and dumb and not enjoying it as much as I should.

That's it.  Watch out October.  After tonight, when I get rid of this headache and crappy eye situation... You're MINE!

No comments: