Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

Falling into FALL!

HOLD THE PHONE. 
It's already the 5th of October.  
Can you believe it?

I've said it before that October is my favorite month and Halloween is my favorite holiday but the time is just going by way too fast and I haven't put as much thought into Halloween this year as I have in the past.  Where has all the excitement gone?  I mean, I haven't even decided if I'm going to do a party because you know, the neighbors and the noise scare.  What a nightmare.  I love throwing parties :(  Maybe I will just make some fall treats or something and have people over for yet another scary movie?.. even though I've decided [for the millionth time] that I should probably consider cutting things out again but then I remembered it's the holidays.  eek. Another Nightmare.  not kidding.

Well, the calendars at work and my desktop on my computer have been changed to rep the beautiful fall colors, pumpkins ect and I should have taken a picture of my apartment because I have most of my decorations out already and it's pretty cute!! :) I even went and FINALLY bought a book case/shelf for my living room so I would have some space to put some things out (which I don't have yet because I've never had a place for "things" so I've just never been a purchaser of such "things".) great,  maybe the shelf was a bad idea.  We'll see. 

Basically fall in full swing and it's not stopping.  So hold on!  We've already done one haunted house so far and I've yet to bust out Hocus Pocus but have you seen some of the trailers for the scary movies coming out over the next couple of weeks?! love it.  Basically, I'm just glad that I found a friend like Liz because she enjoys that stuff just as much as I do. Why we love it, I don't know? Because we are still pretty big babies when it comes to most of it.  haha.  

So here are some of my favorite fall things:

1-If you love Fall/Halloween like I do then one of your favorite things to do is to go into places like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Tai Pan ect.. seriously, makes my day.  I just love it!
2-Haunted houses. that's a given.
3-Scary Movies.  obvi.
4-The Smells.  You guys, if you don't have these smells and you enjoy spice like I do... order them.  Like, right now!





5-I've also been on this kick with real candles.  I haven't burnt a real candle for a while because I lived in College apartments for 4 years and they didn't "allow" open flame, but now that I have renters insurance [I know, adult], I basically do what I want.  haha.  But really there is just something about burning a real candle.  I sometimes feel like it has a more homey/fall feeling.  I guess it would depend on the candle.  But try it.
Don't get me wrong, I burn scentsy way more :) 

6- Fall Treats. Again, Kill.me.now. But let me eat this first.  Then I'll die.  mmmm.


Really, though, this stuff is fab.  Recipe here.

So, The parentals are coming into town this weekend.  Since it's conference weekend I'm not really sure what we will do.. Probably eat out way too much, see a movie and I'll drag mom to the mall and take her to Tai Pan and stuff.  It should be a good time! I sure do love my parents.  Get this, though.. they are totally coming down today for a mission reunion.  haha.  Didn't think that old people still did that? yeah, they do.  Don't worry, my mom and dad are one of "those" couples who met on their mission in England.  Don't judge though, they totally didn't 'hook up' until they ran into each other at a tri stake singles ward dance.  bahahhaha. old people. smh.  Funny!  Part of me kind of wishes I could go with them to their reunion tonight because i'm sure there will be some pretty good stories.  And people judging each other. My kind of good time!

Well, have a great weekend.  Happy Conference Watching :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

The word "dump" in that Pumpkin Dump Cake, turns me off from wanting to eat that:)

Jenn said...

Oh, Come on, Amy!! It's seriously so good. And it's easy because you just "dump" the ingredients in the pan. Oh wait, yeah, dump was the wrong word to use. Whatev. It's GOOD stuff :)

dlpower said...

hey now...I met me husband on my mission. and no...there was no mission love just after mission love. ha I like your parents already. ha have fun with them this weekend.