Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

I figured wearing my red heels would show that I care.

This morning I woke up ready for a great Valentines Day. Just because I don't have a "significant other" doesn't mean it can't be Fab, right? So I slipped on the red heels, fastened my heart studded earrings real tight and pulled my hair into a side bun (yes, it's getting kind of long...) I figured it would show that I care about this day...

Even though I've been crazy busy and work today (blogging at lunch) and for a minute caught myself thinking of all of the different word alternatives for barf(there are a ton) in reference to everyone talking about their vday dates, flowers and possible proposals...I choose to only write positive things on this lovely day of Love. Here are just a couple of things I've been thinking about today that I love:

I love that my mom always sends me a Valentines Day Package which, in fact, is waiting in my mailbox for me when I get home. Mommies are the best.

I love my family and I'm excited we all get to be together this weekend!

I love my Friends... I've decided I have some of the best in the world. There's alway some kind of Drama going on in their lives but I love that we can come to eachother with anything.

I love that I have a great job that challenges me and is preparing me for a great future.

I love music.

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I love my Savior.

Oh and I love that my manager gave me a box of conversation hearts that says "DIVA" on the box... haha. What is that supposed to mean? LOL.

Sure, Valentines day, I'm not going to hate on you at all. I've decided that tonight I'm going to celebrate V-day by tanning after work followed with picking up dinner for the Bro and I, and watching our (I mean, MY) shows...all of which are centered on "love" of ALL kinds. See, I'm not bitter. I love, love :)

3 comments:

McKenzie Andrus said...

I love you...and this post:):) oh and of course your red heels!

Savanna said...

Oh tanning what a great idea! Tanning on Valentine's Day...done and done! But I do love you, and your optimism on this lovely love day. I love love too...

Alex Trost said...

shout out to the Tanning idea! great thinkin!
<3