September also means three big things:
#1. It's the last month of the VA training surge at work. Don't worry that I will be handling/planning the logistics of 200 VA events. It's big. Things have gotten so crazy at work but thank goodness I have wonderful assistants. They rock my work.
#2. Alex is leaving tomorrow. Don't worry, I told him I'm not going to throw a tantrum as I sent him out the door will a 24 pack of Diet Pepsi..But I'll admit I'm a little emotional about it. When he came I had just moved into my new apartment so I was starting fresh anyways, so basically I just had a month delay of going back to where I was at the beginning of the summer when I didn't have a job or any friends in the area... But this time I'm still starting fresh but from a good place with a secure job. I have an apartment that I love, a great roommate that I'm still getting to know and I'm starting to go to a ward that I think I'm really going to enjoy. So I'm thinking that this time I'm really going to have to make an effort and I'm OK with that because I know I'm in a good place. So watch out!
#3.. and this is the BIG one. WEDDING PLANS. I was talking to my mom today and we realized that we really only have 11 days to get all of these wedding plans complete. I told mom that this wedding is really a reflection on my planning skills but really people, don't judge too hard! We're planning a wedding that is going to take place in Idaho while mom is there and Jamie and I are in Utah. We're going to make it chill and darn it, we are going to look good and have fun! I told mom that we would bring it all together the Friday before and my job is going to be DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS (which I just can't help) and my other thing is to "make sure things don't look ghetto!" I think my mom was offended by that comment because she was all "OH, you think I'd make it ghetto?" hahaha oh mom!
But It's been confirmed that I'm totally a planner. I love this. I love detail. Give me a pen and a piece of paper or my Blackberry for that matter and I will go through EVER second of the event and I'll have every detail dowwwwwn..from traffic control to the silverware holder!
....I'm just glad Jamie is getting married first so it will ease mom into it for when it's my turn!
whew.. 11 days... So much to do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment