Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bridal Weekend

My sister and my future niece Regan and I loaded up the car on Friday after work and headed for Parma. It was a really quick trip but we had a really fun time at Jamie's Bridal Shower. I decided that I just need to get married so I can get lots of gifts. Seriously, she got a lot of great stuff. Each present she opened I was thinking about all of the things that would look good in my new apartment...Jamie doesn't like that idea though. I guess I will just have to find someone to marry me so we can get gifts!

Then we met with the flower lady and I was able to pick out how I wanted my corsage to be done. I'm so excited for it... "Hold the spidery looking flowers and make it vintage." Done. But it was confirmed that flowers are a really expensive part of wedding plans. During this whole process I keep thinking that I just want to elope when I find Mr. Right. But that goes against everything I believe in. I mean, I'm all about event planning (that's my thing) and I love presents and attention...so eloping is out of the question.

Then some of my best girlie friends got together and took my BFF Kenzie out for a little Mormon Bachelorette party. AKA: dinner and presents. I'm so excited for her to get married in 11 days or so. I'm happy for her but the whole time I kept thinking about the fact that she is moving on and leaving me behind. The best thing though is that we will always be best friends. I love her so much and don't worry, Megan and I had fun shopping for her! bahaha. Good times.

So, it's back to Utah and it feels nice to be back to my apartment. I feel like I can really call it home. It still needs some finishing touches but it's home and that's a nice feeling.

No comments: