Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

We all have talents....

We all have talents. Some people are great at singing, making cute crafts, cooking, sports and a choice few have a great eye for fashion. When I think about all of the people I love and the talents they have..it kind of makes me sick. I mean really, can a girl get some talent in painting a house even?

Yesterday was a testament to the fact that I need to work on some more talents. haha. You think I'm kidding, but I'm so not....

Yesterday I took a half day off from work, put on some grubbies, and headed over to Ogden to help Alex paint at the Estate he is restoring. First, he took me around and gave me the grand tour. I really enjoy looking through old buildings and random old crap so it was exciting for me but, on the other hand, I also really like scary movies so it wasn't surprising that I was creeping myself out quite a bit. Stepping into the basement and the creepy greenhouse I felt like I was stepping right into the basement on a Haunting in Connecticut. really. Like at any moment I was going to go around a corner and see hospital beds and tools where the creepy old tennent used to experiment on bodies. You know what I'm talking about. Yeah, not even funny. Oh and it was friday the 13th so that didn't help.

Anyways, Alex decided we were going to paint the ceilings in 3 bedrooms and the Hall. I was given a step ladder, a small bucket of divine white paint and a brush and was told to paint the trim while Alex perfectly rolled the paint onto the top of the ceiling. After the first room was completed, it was time to move on to the next room where Alex said, "Let's switch." So I was given the adult ladder and the roller. Let me tell you what, that crap isn't easy. Not only can you not see where you are painting... you have to look up, which hurts your neck and your arms KILL. I knew I was bad at it and I pointed it out to Alex a couple of times as he quickly finished the trim job in room 2. We were chatting about random stuff and I was painting (the best that I could) while I told Alex a story. Then out of no where.. Alex says sometime like, "You couldn't see me but every time you weren't looking I couldn't help but laugh at you." REALLY? He was laughing at my inability to paint the ceiling. I didn't think I was THAT bad, but he totally had a valid point.

#1-- I was all over the place.
#2-- I was freaking slllllllllowwww.

And you know what? That was a little upsetting to my ego. But, what can you do? We can't all add "Successful Ceiling Painter" to our list of talents. Whatev. I will just stick to adding "Good Friend" to my list. Because, not to brag, but I think I'm a pretty good one. Two words, MANUAL LABOR. That's a true friend!

But really, it was a lot of fun. I needed it for sure. And afterward we were starving so we ate at Olive Garden and didn't feel bad about the carbs because we had worked so hard. Gotta love it.







No comments: