I took a couple days off to come home for McKenzie's wedding festivities. It's always nice to come home but I'll admit that I was dreading the trip a little bit. I didn't want to take two days off because things have been so crazy at work.
I think it's funny how I've changed so much over the past few years and have become accustomed to a certain "busy/city" life style. But really, when it comes down to it, Parma will always be home. I love the simplicity of this place and the fact that there aren't stop lights AT ALL. I met Hyrum in town for lunch today at the Bistro and we drove around for a bit and I enjoyed taking it all in. And for some reason last night when we were boating and all day today, I've noticed white butterflies flying around everywhere which has really made me think about the beauty of this town.
So, If you feel like your life is a little crazy and you just need to get away for a little while.. you should really come to Parma, Idaho. There may not be a ton to do but it is a way laid back town filled with simplicity, great people and of course good drama (you can't get away from that!)
As I was driving back to my house the song "American Honey" came on my ipod and I got a little teary eyed... Listen to it! So good.
No comments:
Post a Comment