Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

The tale of the Carl's Junior Gift Card and Pass Along Card.

Jamie and I went to Barnes and Noble to browse the bargain book section and pick up some DVD's (gotta love Barne's and Noble. Except that awful music they were playing today. It did NOT satisfy my book browsing needs. I mean it, if I had to hear it for one more minute I probably would have picked up all of the travel and/or recipe books and thrown them wildly throughout the store.) Anyways, on our way out a man came up to us and asked if we had any work that he could do for us so he could feed his fiance who is 3 months pregnant. Of course I had to tell him that I didn't have cash because I RARELY have cash and Jamie didn't have cash either. We really felt bad for the guy. He was super nice and looked like he was just struggling. I don't care if he was lying about the prego fiance or what. Maybe he was just having a bad day and needed some food. Well, we trusted him because who's to say what he was really going through.

Anyways, Jamie and I went to Carl's Junior, the closest thing to Barnes and Noble that carried gift cards, and got him a $10.00 gift card. We wished we could have done something a little more healthy. But who are we kidding? If you're hungry, you're hungry. Right?! While Jamie was in getting the gift card I went through my wallet to see what else I could contribute. Tucked away in my wallet I found a pass along card that I've been meaning to use for quite sometime. I figured it would be an appropriate, yet subtle thing to give him. So I placed it behind the gift card, rolled the window down half way, peeped my hand out the window and said, "Have a good night!!"

Like I said, who knows what he was really going through but what better to give than a restaurant gift card where you know he WILL use it for food and a pass along card ...just in case!

1 comment:

Julene said...

a gift card to a restaurant is a really good idea.
p.s. i was at barnes and nobel yesterday too! i can spend hours in that store.