Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Totally forgot today is Wednesday

How is it already the last Wednesday of the month of June? I honestly can't believe it.  I don't have a lot for this week but here you go :) Happy Wednesday!

"How many snap chats did I send you last night?"
-Nieko
If you ever send SO many in one night that you find out that you can only see the last 50 you sent because that's as far as the history goes?  You might need a snap chat intervention.  Jk .  We all love his snaps.  After giving him crap for a second he responded with "I just really enjoy sending snap chats, ok?" haha It's true.  Thank you Snap Chat for being a good time.

"No one ever listens to me...."
-Grandma Nye
Of course I was the only one listening.. that seems to happen to me a lot.  But normally when that happens is when the funniest things are said.  She continued to try to get people to listen to her by saying a bunch of really funny things.  I just laughed and everyone continued to ignore her.

"The first time I ever had a beer was two weeks ago.."
"I smoke cigarettes now..."
-Grandma Nye getting ticked off about being ignored.
I was laughing so hard mostly because that's totally something I would do/say if I was being ignored.  She is the funniest old grandma... when she isn't physically abusing me.  Really though.  I think I've mentioned before that she's hit me a couple of times in the arm.  The first time I think she was kidding but the second time, Kier told her to do it and she had mean eyes when she did it.  haha I'm only sort of kidding.  She apologized.  But she did have a mean face when she lashed out and hit me the second time.  She the best.  She even told me about how her and her friend "secretly" love Melissa McCarthy and they went to the movie theatre and saw Identity Thief. Hahaha for a second I thought she was going to ask me to go with her to see The Heat this weekend.  Oh granny.

"Kiersten's throwing salt water taffy at Jesus!" -Gentry
"Wait, that's Jesus?  I thought it was Zach Galifianakis."
-Kier's Dad
omg, I laughed so hard.  Probably shouldn't have, but it was funny.  Mostly because it's that  (and I'm probably going to be stuck by lightening for saying it) one (kind of creepy/not my favorite at all) painting of Jesus where He's smiling.  You know the one i'm talking about, admit it!  It's weird.  I mean, I love all the other pictures of Christ where he's got that half smile thing going on but this one is like "mouth wide open smile."  Not that Jesus didn't smile, I'm sure he did a lot.. but this artist just captured it funny.  

Anyways,  Zach Galifinakis.  hahaha.

Classic.


"It's ghetto.  The other day at 7:30 am I woke up to a Jerry Springer episode in my parking lot."
-Alex and I talking about his new place in Washington
First of all, I'm super proud of Alex for moving out and heading to Washington on a whim.  There aren't a lot of people who can do that and just have faith that things will work out. He found a place on his own and is just working and figuring life out.  It's great.  But I love that he's in a place that's a little ghetto.  We've all been there and really, the stories are just funny.  I basically lived a fence away from Mexico once in the heart of Layton, UT.  It happens.  

But we are so alike.  Just like he watched the fight go on from his window, Liz and I used to put our ear up to the wall with cups to hear my old neighbors fight.  It's entertainment at it's finest :)

"Bishop, we need hoes."
-Me without thinking during FHE while weeding at the Ward Garden.
Sometimes I don't think.  But this time I really didn't mean it as "bishop we need some skanks up in hurr." I really meant that we needed gardening hoes.  Of course there were stares because people in my ward are ...special.  But to make it better, Nate copied what I said and laughed and the bishop's wife was like "WHAT did you say?" ey yi yi.  Seriously.  First of all hoe isn't a swear word at anytime.  It might not be nice when used it certain ways but you get what I mean.  Second of all.. we are IN a garden.  Using the word "hoe" is appropriate.  In fact, it's kind of a necessity.  

But nope we didn't have hoes.  Instead we were squatting and pulling weeds.  Nightmare.  My legs are still sore from it.  *shakes head*.. people.


"mmm. That was a good snack." 
-Kier
"Pretty sure fries and chicken nuggets from Wendy's don't count as a snack.  That's a meal." 
-Me trying to explain to Kier what a snack/treat is.
Kier thinks everything is a treat.  It's funny.  Monday night I made the best dinner for us.  We had grilled chicken, corn on the cob and Ceasar Salad.  Well, after FHE we decided we wanted a "treat."   Cole and I we were thinking an ice cream/shaved ice kind of treat because well, you know.. something sweet and not good for us.  Nope.  Kier wanted a Fry treat.  So we went to Wendy's and totally ruined the good dinner we had by eating crap.  Not going to lie, though, the fries were good.  But I will stick by my case that all of those things combined do not count as a snack. Unless you're just having a couple of fries.  We each had out own thing of fries. 

  Now, the carmel popcorn that we made later because Kier said "oh come on it's Family Home Evening".. that would be considered a treat. Totally.  Wow. We're gross. We love it. It's whatever.







No comments: