Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Change and Word vomit.. It just keeps coming...

I wrote a post last week that was like a zillion words long.  However, I got to the end and realized that I was just venting about things and people that I wanted to punch in the face.  I chuckled, shook my head and decided not to hit the publish button.  I do that sometimes, I get so worked up about the dumbest things and then I realize that I'm just writing it in the heat of the moment.  It's a good thing I didn't post it, though, because I was pretty much over all of it by the next day.  Life.  It's funny.

I've decided that I'm not writing as much on my blog anymore because what I REALLY need to be doing it writing in a journal.  There are many reasons.  First of all, I could really write whatever I wanted in my journal without offending anyone and well.. yeah, that's pretty much it.  And I guess because there are some things that people might want to hear because it's juicy and confirms the fact that I am a little crazy, but they really don't need to.  So I totally got on Amazon and ordered a whole box of BIC Velocity 1.6 pens which are supposed to be here tomorrow.  If you haven't tried them, do it now. They will change your life.  You can judge me but it was the best pen I ever stole.  But really, that's what that BWW waitress gets for having that nice of pens.  Moving on.  

I just realized that blog bashing people or things in the heat of the moment probably isn't a good thing.  Not that I haven't done it before.  Whatever. I will just say that if you don't want to tick me off then act like a normal human being.   Being selfish and super weird only makes people ticked off and makes them talk about you.  It's a sad truth.  I wish I was a better person and could always be like "ohh it's ok." But sometimes, it just isn't.  Be thoughtful of other people.  The end.

All in all things are pretty boring but great around here.  I had the best chill weekend that I've had in a long time.  And when I say chill, I mean that from Friday night around 8:30 till church on Sunday at 1:00.. I literally only let my house once.  It was at 8:00 am Saturday morning to make a DREADED walmart run.  You see, my rule now is that if you have to go to walmart ever (especially on a saturday) get up and get the dang thing over with because it's a nightmare.  I hate it.  But at 8:00 am you rarely have people in your way or lines at the check out.  Anyways, I cleaned and watched movies while I crafted.  It was fantastic.  I even sewed a skirt.  Now, before you call me Grandma Hansen, you should hear about how many people told me my skirt was cute at church  yesterday. Quite a few.  I was like, "HAZZAH, I'm awesome."  OK, I didn't really say that but I think it was pretty much implied by the compliments and the fact that well, I am just awesome. 

I maybe had a little more down time that I would have liked but it was kind of nice getting that realization that things have changed and are changing a lot and that it's OK to not have as many things going on. Crap happens.  Things change.  So as long as you keep yourself going and keep yourself happy, that's all that matters.  I've said it before that there's just something in the universe where every 2-3 years some kind of big change happens.  Everyone is on there own scheduled but I think it's just something that has to happen because it's a way of getting our butts moving. It's like "ok, you've been comfortable long enough, let's pull it together and get going."  I'll admit it, I've been comfortable for quite some time, so it's not a big surprise that I'm approaching some bigger changes. 

 People around me are changing, I'm changing, people move away, people get married... Heck, I used to stay up super late and hang out every night but I don't anymore, I make myself get more sleep.  Things just change.  We grow up.  We move on. That's just how life goes.  You just have to keep up with it.  And that's what I'm trying to do.. keep up.  And to go with the flow, which isn't always the easiest thing to do.  I'm not saying that I'm not sad about some of the changes that have happened/are happening because I totally get teary thinking about Cole getting married and moving more north and me moving more in the opposite direction.  It's weird.  But on the other side, I know that the changes are good and that it's something that needs to happen.  But this weekend it was like a "OK, Jenn.. Hunker down, it's coming."  Basically I'm getting emotionally prepared for it...  But the thing that really keeps me going is that I've met some great people here and even if I don't talk to them as much or see them as often, It just reminds me that these changes and moves can't be as bad as when I lived by myself in a new state and didn't know anyone just two and a half years ago. I've done a lot and learned a lot in my "Layton" adventure.  Soon, It will just be time for a new one and I'm feeling that transition start.  Here's to staying positive and for not having an emotional break down.. yet :) And for making the most out of these next few months.

In the meantime, it's going to be a busy summer starting with me leaving on Sunday for a week long trip to Maryland/DC to see Jamie's new house and to play with Mason who's 2nd birthday is today!!! I honestly can't believe how time is flying.  I remember two years ago today I was dancing at (my then BFF) Hyrum's wedding reception when I got the call that Mason was born.  Looking back now, I realize that June 24th was a HUGE day for me. I'm not going to say that Mason was born on that day for me.. but I have to believe that it was a little bit for me.  I didn't have time to think about how much things were going to change by my BFF getting married.  No one wants to admit that they are losing a huge part of their life as they know it.  I didn't lose him as a friend, but things just change and they had too.. and it's worked out for the best all around!  I was able to be just happy that day because I knew that I was going to be an aunt. What a blessing, seirously.  Mason came in the middle of the reception and I left happy and rushed to the hospital where I was able to hold him within an hour of him being born.  I'm tearing up about it right now just because things have worked out the way they are supposed too.  They always do.. I can honestly testify that when something ends, another great thing is right around the corner.  And I'm glad that my favorite boy in the world helped to teach me that!  I love you Mason.. HAPPY 2nd Birthday :) 

So things are changing and I'm only a little sad about it.  I'm just ready to see what's next. Oh and I'm not going to steal any attention from the Wedding on September 7th.. but I might need someone to check in on my for the first couple of weeks after the wedding.  We all know that Nieko's freaked me out about living by myself ever since last summer.  You know, the whole "no one would know you were dead for a couple of days."  Seriously, my nightmare. 

I just realized that this is word vomit and that is just keeps going.  So I'm not going to go back and re-read it.  If you made it through this whole thing then you deserve a prize for being thoroughly interested in my boring life ;)

Ok byyyyee.


No comments: