Yesterday I was talking to Mary Waite about Liz and how she's doing on her mission. We mostly just shared what we've heard from her in letters and emails. I made me miss her quite a bit but mostly just made me happy for how well she's doing. One thing from her that I really loved was the story about how someone came and talked to them ( I think it was their mission president even, idk) but he said:
"there aren't coincidences, just crossroads."
Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks of that B.Spears movie when you hear "crossroads?" haha. Anyways, I loved that quote. I'm notorious at reminiscing and being in awe about how things came to be. I've written about it before. I just can't help it. Even if you don't believe in God or that he has a plan for you, it's still amazing. One of my favorite brain activities (i'm weird) is to pick a person I really care about and think about how I met that person or how my life has changed because I met them. Or pick a point in life and think about how I got there and who helped make it possible. Some of it turns into a huge chain of events that wouldn't have happened or other people who wouldn't have met if I didn't meet that one person or do that one thing. It's mind blowing, really.
If you do believe in God and that he knows you personally and has a plan for you then the mind blowing trip is even bigger. I do believe that there aren't coincidences. I believe that we are literal Sons and Daughters of God and that he knows what we need. I believe that most of those things come from the people who are put in our path. I can think of so many people who have molded the way that I think and the way that I live and have made me the person I am today. Not all the people you cross paths with in this life are good influences but I can say that I've learned just as many lessons from these people. In fact, I really do know that Heavenly Father knows our potential and he will show us our weaknesses so that we can try to make them strong. I've been faced with that a lot actually. It's not always fun learning those lessons but I know that I wouldn't have learned them or things wouldn't have been brought to my attention if I didn't meet those people. Sometimes it just takes a little courage to stand faithful to the things you know. I'm not 100% at that yet, but I'm learning.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that my mind is blown every time I think about life and how things happen and how great God is. I'm not one who normally likes the cop out soothing statement of "everything happens for a reason" ...but it really does.
There are lessons we need to learn and people we have to meet to help us everyday towards being more like our Savior. I'm just grateful that Heavenly Father pushes us and gives us the agency to make our own decisions and to choose what we learn from those people. The tools are all here for us, we just have to decide if we're going to use them.
{If you just read this and rolled your eyes or you don't know what you believe about life and why you're here on Earth.. figure it out! Figure out your purpose for being here. If you don't have an ending goal or something you're working for, then what's the point? What's the point of all these lessons you're learning and the people you meet. Search it out. Make life meaningful :) because it really is so great. }
Oh and I've probably met all of you who are reading this but if for some reason this crap gets passed down to family years down the road, then you better believe that I love you too:) And you're welcome for impacting your life in some way.. good or bad ;) haha.
Try to pay a little more attention to the people you meet and the lessons you can be learning from them. Ok, I'm done.