Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday

"I'll cold cock her."
-Dad
I honestly don't know what we were talking about but I know it ended up in laughing and Super Star quotes.  

"Oh yeah, that's Nieko's School!"
-Mom as we passed North Ridge High School.
My mom remembers the funniest things.  I have quite a few friends who went to North Ridge High in Layton.  Last year we went there for one of Regan's Choir competitions and I remember telling her everyone who I'm friends with that graduated from there.  Clearly she just remembered Nieko.   Understandable.


"Oh, I don't care, I'll be married by then."
"Can we do that before August?" 
"I'll have to see if I can fit that in around all the wedding plans."
-Dumb things that stupid engaged people say in ward council (or anywhere)
When did it become OK to act like you're better than everyone or to assume that people (who you don't really know) care that you're getting married or what you're doing in general.  No one cares.  Bring it up once, let us congratulate you, and then let us remain silently happy for you.  We honestly don't need you to rub it in our faces every other comment.  WE DON'T CARE. To this person in my ward:
1-You and your bf make me want to vomit.
2-You don't even have a ring.
3-You guys JUST started dating.
4-Wait until I'm done with my last three lessons of Temple prep before you start coming again. My stomach and the people who have to sit next to me at church would really appreciate it.

"That was good!" -me about Superman
"Eh, I think it was a little far fetched." -Dad
To which you are all thinking "um, It's superman..of course it's far fetched."  That's what I said to my Dad after laughing for a bit.  But really..if you like Superman, I feel like you will like "man of steel."  I was super entertained.  Of course, Henry Cavill isn't bad to look at for 2 hours but still.  It was good!

"My new goal is to beat your mom."
-Kier about bowling
mom totally almost beat her.  As in, it wasn't until the very last frame that Kier finally passed her up by a few pins.  So sad for her.  hahaha jk!! I'm only saying that because for the first time I actually did really good.  I beat dad, got second place and managed to get two strikes in a row. BAM.  Of course, it's always downhill after that.  Whatever.  Family bowling is becoming a fun family activity.

"What's Nieko's real name?" -mom
"Nieko." -me
"Oh..  Is he Oriental?" -mom
".....Greek, mom. Greek. You've met him!" -me
"I don't know.  Maybe he has squinty eyes...sor-ry." -Nieko
You don't EVEN know how hard I laughed about this.  Clearly Nieko is far from oriental.  He's white and usually has manly scruff (which I secretly really love in a totally non-creepy way;) ) But I say that because I honestly can't think of an Asian right off the top of my head that has manly scruff like that.  (bahaha omg I just googled "Asian scruff" and a picture of Adam Lambert came up.  Case and point.) 

But the best part of it all, besides the pictures she's seen of him from various trips we've gone on or whatever, is that she met the kid a few months ago.  hahaha. I think she was just confused.  It's not that he looks Asian because he doesn't..like, at all.  I think she was just really intrigued by his name. Maybe? I don't know.  I finally talked to her about the names on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and she was like "oh yeah, that makes sense now.  Oops." haha I really shouldn't make fun though.  The first time I met Nieko I asked him, "Is that really your name?" It was rude.  In my defense, though, the other kid who he was with at the time told me his name was Pedro.  I felt like I was getting punked.  Whatever.  Only later to find out that Nieko was his real name and the Pedro was in fact Willy.

good times. 

"What are you?!"
-Cole during SYTYCD about a girl that you really couldn't tell her race.
While you're thinking my family is slightly racist from the last comment I figure I would get this one over with.  Sometimes you see someone and you are just really interested to know what kind of mix they are.  Right?  Sometimes you can't tell, and it's intriguing.  The only problem is that sometimes they just have to remain a mystery because how do you ask someone that question without sounding rude?  Well, asking "What are you?" with a confused look on your face probably wouldn't do it... whatever.  Sometimes you just want to know.

"OH hey! Isn't that the Bizcut guy?"
-Amy
Amy and I had a fun trip down the 90's memory lane by pulling up all the teen heartthrobs that we loved.  We found this tumbler that had clippings from old teem magazines and she pointed out someone and instantly knew who it was.  It was the "bizcut guy"..Limp Bizcut to be exact.  hahahaha. So funny.  Do you remember him? omg.  Look of pictures of him now.  He's like 42.  Woof.


"They're white..powdery..uhh."
-Erin trying to explain "clouds" during a game of catch phrase
Powdery probably isn't the last word I would use to describe clouds but I can list 100 different words I would use to describe them off the top of my head before I resolve to using the word "powdery."  Everyone was so lost.  For the record, she's the best at playing games with but she's the WORST at describing words for Catch Phrase.

"He's so handsome.  I kind of want a picture of him in my room now too.  Do you think Stephen would mind?"
-Amy about Matthew Lawrence
I really wasn't kidding about that long break we took to look up pictures of teen heart throbs from the 90's.  It happened.  We even looked up "how they look now." And you guys, Matthew Lawrence still has it.  Cute boy.  She even made me go back to a picture of him a couple of times because she thinks he's so cute. And he is.  But if you google the Lawrence brother's now.. omg.. that poor young one, Andy.  He kind of got shafted and is a little bit of a nightmare now.  Dang it. 

But can you imagine a married woman having one of those teen posters we used to get out of magazines just hanging up in her room now? So funny. Posters are funny.  Our room used to be covered with posters of JTT, Devon Sawa, Andrew Keagan.. omg.  But I still can't judge.  If you go to my room at my parents house right now I legit have a poster of Zac Efron hanging up.  You know.. the rolling stones magazine cover one when he's lifting up his white shirt over his abs after he's been soaked with water. BAHAHAHA  That was one I couldn't part with. Actually, I'm really surprised that mom let me hang that up on her wall.  


No comments: