Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday with a splash of Real Talk

Last weekend I was able to take a day off and trek home to Idaho.  I really just needed to get away for a bit.  At first I wasn't going to go because I really loathe that drive by myself but when I called my dad sad about the fact that I wasn't coming home, he just said, "If you want to do something, do it." Wise man.  

So I did.  Since Jamie and her family are moving in DC/Maryland in a few weeks I've just been really sad and upset about it.  I don't want them to go.  Yes, I'm grateful that we have the technology that we do to be able to call and FaceTime them whenever we want but it still sucks. You want to know the main truth of it? I just cry thinking about Mason getting big and me only seeing him 3 times a year if I'm lucky.  I know Jamie probably thinks that we don't love her as much as we love Mason, and that's not true at all.  My sister is one of my bestest friends and we've built a great relationship over the past years talking daily on the phone.  That will continue even with a two hour time difference and a bajillion miles between us.  It will be fine. But there's just something about that Mason boy.  You know how much I love him because I talk about him all the time.  So excuse me if I'm a little heartbroken lately. BUT, even though it's sad, I know it's going to be OK.  We'll adjust like we always do when life changes.    

So I just had to go home and spend a last full weekend with them before they leave.  And it didn't hurt getting away from a few things here in Utah...

Mostly I just played with Mason all weekend.  We played outside, I took him for rides on the four wheeler, we watched "Turtle Tales," ran through the sprinkler, I gave him baths, we fed a camel (Yes, a real huge camel that I swore was going to eat my whole arm.  Mason was equally afraid of the "horse" as he called it.).. it was just a fun weekend all around.  He's getting so big and talking SO much.  I think my favorite thing from the weekend, and this is going to sound horrible, was after I gave him a bath and he didn't want to get out, I went to take him to his mom to get dressed for bed and he did NOT want to get dressed..as I was handing him to her he frantically latched on to my neck and screamed/cried "AUNTIE, AUNTIE, AUNTIE." omg.  I seriously loved it.  Hahaha.  Jamie didn't, but whatevs. 

Even though I was around my family all weekend, and they are hilarious, I totally sucked at writing stuff down this week... so Here's what I've got for a Wednesday post.  I will do better next week :)

"Is that a birthmark on your eye?" 
-girl at work
Normally this wouldn't be something I would post because when you just read it, you're all like, "that's not funny."  But here's the thing, you guys.. this girl is weird.  Like, super dramatic and weird.  And guess what? No, it wasn't a birthmark on my eyeball it was CLEARLY a black mascara/eyeliner goop ball right on my eyeball. Gross, I know, but it happens. Especially when you wear eyeliner.  I don't know about you but I've never seen someone with a goopy birthmark on their EYEBALL... or anywhere for that matter.  When she asked me that I really wanted to be like "Really? You can't just tell me that I have a makeup goop ball on my eyeball?"  I was so annoyed.  It's like those people who ask if they have something in their teeth knowing that they don't simply because they want to get you to check yours to see that you have something nasty stuck on your teeth.  It's like, Just tell me.  OK?

"What's on your face? Your makeup is everywhere.  You look like an Aborigine."
-Jamie about my makeup at the end of the night.
Have you noticed that most Wednesday posts have a little bit of a theme?  Well here's about my make up again.  People are rude. All I have to say, is at the end of the day, I rub my eyes and my makeup tends to get everywhere. What's the big deal?  It happens.  And it's not like I'm going out to a club or something (haha not like I do that anyways, but you get my point.) Sue me.  But Really, Jamie?  Rude. haha.  Let's just say, I'm not the only dramatic one in my family.  I don't even know how she came up with Aborigine to compare me too.  I know what they look like, but I tried to google an imagine so I could post a picture for you, but I ended up seeing some naked people so I was like... Uhhh better not.

...And that was the last time I googled "Aborigine people."

"NOOOO-AH."
-mason's favorite word right now
For some reason his favorite word is "No" right now.  He doesn't mean it to be rude, I don't think, but it's so feisty because he gets this super annoyed face sometimes and always adds the "AH" at the end of it.  "Mason, do you want another bite?" "NO-AH!"...and that is how it went all weekend.  Oh and did I mention he screams it too? haha, As an aunt, I think it's funny.  Memaw and Jamie on the other hand? Not so much.

"Did you see Linda?" -Sherri to Kimbra about my mom's new purse.
"The slut with the Coach purse?!" -Kimbra
haha Jamie and James  brought mom a cute new spring Pink and Yellow Coach purse from DC..  She said she would wear the "Slut with the Coach Purse" title with pride. haha.  But really, it's cute and she's obsessed. So am I.  I thought about stealing it but remembered how stealing it bad.   Soooo, I didn't.

"See Ya!" *insert cutest baby smile and wave*
-Mason
There was one time this weekend when I was playing outside with Mason and I said, "Come on Mason, time to go inside." And he did this^^ Cutest thing ever.  He really thought I would just leave him out there to play while I went inside.  He just loves being outside. omg, I wish I could just remember all the cute things he did and write them all down but that would take forever.  But this one.  Was the cutest.

"That was three minutes long!!"
-Little kid in front of us at church about the LONGEST opening prayer
I'm not kidding.  Jamie and I had our eyes open most of the time watching Mason fold his arms and then get bored of it and move on to eating snacks and coloring.  But I don't blame him for getting bored.  You know what I'm talking about? It's those few people who put an entire youth talk into their prayer.  Sure, that's normal for personal prayer but for opening prayer in sacrament? Get real.  I was just laughing at the kid in front of me because he was getting so annoyed and really timed it with his watch.  His mom wasn't too happy when he yelled that, but if I were her I probably wouldn't be happy anyways. I kid you not, her oldest child legitimately hit himself in the head and on the leg three times right before that just because he was upset about something.  I sat there the entire time just in awe of the home ward. And a pinch creeped out by that child. It's always weird when you've been going to a singles ward for so long. haha children.


"As soon as you can say 'screw driver,' I will let you play with it." -Me to Mason as I took the tool out of his baby almost 2 year old baby hands
"Mason, say 'Screw Driver'..." -Dad
I tried to attempt the way that Mason said it but I can't do it justice.  But you guys, he's so smart.  He instantly said it and Dad was like "k, Give it to him."  I just looked at dad and rolled my eyes and had to walk away with the Screw Driver felling like a liar to my nephew.  I couldn't give him a screw driver to play with.  He had it for 2 seconds and he was trying to chip away Grandma's side walk piece by piece.  All I needed was for him to stick it through his foot by accident on my watch.  No way.  Dad just has that "he's a boy" attitude so you just let him do what he wants.  This from the guy would let Mason carry his pocket knive around for a little bit last week.  It was closed but still.  So Mason spent all weekend asking "BIFE?" BIFE?" and crying because he wanted Papa's knife.  Jamie, Regan and I even when looking for a fake "K-N-I-F-E." Hahaha. We couldn't find one.  But there is no way I was going to ask the worker where I could find a fake weapon for the child.  HA. Actually, he always has his own "NUN" (aka gun) so, I better start finding him a fake knife for his birthday or something.  

That child is the best.

"I feel healthier than ever.  Like a coursing river."
-Kier 
bahahhaa.  I was just telling her how I felt sick from eating too much of her delicious chocolate popcorn treat but Kier?! Nope.  She's healthier than ever, no matter what. Haha.  I'm not sure how the "coursing river" thing goes with that.  Is that a Pocahontas thing? I think it is.  Whatever. Just know she's healthy and strong? Maybe it means strong. We'll go with that :)