Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catching up.

I suck.  

I always think about how I need to do a better job of writing stuff down, and then I don't because I feel like I don't have anything to write about.  That's not totally true though.  Stuff is always happening, I just get caught up in it and I forget or I don't want to write about it because I don't want to sound like a broken record.  Blah blah blah. I hate when I whine but most of the stuff that comes out is usually a complaint about something.  But hey, I figure that most people down the road who started reading this probably already put it down because they were either offended or it was making them depressed, so I guess I shouldn't care.

Nah, jk.  Thing are pretty good in the Layton, UT hood. (haha I totally don't live in the hood.  BUT, now that it's getting warmer outside I remember that I do live near a dump which is less than appealing.  My new apartment by the DUMB.  Who builds there?!  Just saying.)  Anyways, I could bore you with some dumb family stuff but then again, my family reads this and I don't want to be the downer or the rude one who makes that crap public on the internet for anyone to read.  So I'll just say this.. sometimes things suck and there will be times where you want to fix everything for people you love but you just can't do it. You can just pray that people will be strong enough to take care of themselves and that everything will be OK.  Sometimes, that's all you can do.  I'm learning how to sit back and let the people around me take care of themselves.  It's hard because I'm kiiiiiinda of a control freak.  SURPRISE! But I'm making progress because I know that I can't always fix things for other people... Especially for people who aren't willing to try or who don't see things as a problem.  I'm just trying to be the good friend, daughter, and sister who just listens.  I'll let you know how that goes.  

Sometimes those things ^ tend to overpower our everyday life if you let it.. but lately I've been keeping myself busy with other things.  Like, I'm up to my eyeballs in sewing projects. Yes, I'm making myself seem way older than I am, but I don't mind.  It's also Kier's birthday this week so I'm getting ready for that AND i'm finally getting my fugly hair done this Saturday.  *Hallelujah*  I've seriously been going three months in between appointments and that is so not like me.. but I honestly have just gotten to the point that I hate dropping that much money all the time. Why couldn't I have just been blessed with darker hair like the other girls in my family?!  Nope, I got the mousey blonde color that has to be highlighted all the time.  BOOOOO.  It could be worse.  At least I have hair :) 

Anyways, we're busy and we're having fun, especially as we start talking about wedding plans for September.  I'm bound and determined to help make it fabulous.  But It's going to be here before we know it and that is the part that kind of freaks me out!

Things are just going great and time is flying by.  Like, this weekend we went up to Chris' family's property to go camping for Memorial day weekend.  Memorial day! I can't even believe that it's the unofficial kick off to summer.  I can't think of a better way I could have spent it though.  Camping, sitting around the fire, taking in all the nature, going on a late night adventure to a "cave", enjoying the warm weather during the day and freezing during the night while sleeping in the tent.  It was a nice time to just get away and be out of cell phone service area for a full 24 hours with a couple of good friends.  It was nice.  I just can't believe that this Saturday will be JUNE.  It's kind of blowing my mind right now.  Oh and I just remembered that my half birthday is on Wednesday.  fml.  

Dear Time, 

Please slow down a little.

Love,

Jenn Imgettingtoooldandijustwanttobeyoungforever Hansen

No comments: