Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Update.

Yesterday Cole and I decided to come home a little early from church so we could have a Mother's Day BBQ with Kiersten before she had to be to work. As we were getting ready (AKA: while Cole was working the BBQ and Kier and I were indulging in a few hand dipped white chocolate covered cinnamon bears) Kier told me that earlier she was reading my blog because she was wondering what I was doing last year at this time.  It's not a secret that I used to blog a lot more than I do now.  In fact, I used to post stuff on Facebook a lot more back then too.  I don't as much now.  It's whatever.

I told her that it's because things aren't as exciting as they used to be, but that's not really true.  I'm sure I could come up with lots to say now but I just sometimes forget.  That, and I get a little tired of hearing myself talk about the same things too many times.  But really, I'm glad that I write stuff down in the long run.  We were CRACKING up about some of the posts from this time a year a go and I was able to remember some things that I probably would have forgotten about otherwise.  So much changes in a year!  I know I say that all the time, but it really does.  Like, this time last year, I was still watching Real Housewives, lived in my old apartment on Main street (Kiddie corner to Mexico), was living by myself while Cole was in Canada and I still had certain friends around.  A lot has changed. But I feel good about it.

Here's a little update:

Jamie, Regan and Mason are in their last week of living with Mom and Dad before they start their trek across the country to their new home in Maryland.  I can't believe that the time came so quickly.  I don't want them to leave, but I know that everything will be OK. I'm mostly excited that they are going to make a stop here on their way out and spent the short weekend with us.  I'm super sad that they are leaving BUT i'm glad that I'm going to be able to see them over the 4th of July when I make my first trip to DC.  Also, they will be here in September for Cole's wedding so I'm not complaining about that.  I'm currently working on coming up with plans to make them come more often over the next couple of years.  So basically, I need to get married and there needs to be babies or something.  Everyone visits when there is a baby involved.  

Cole and Kier are starting in on their wedding plans.  It's a good thing I love weddings and events because I really don't mind them talking about stuff.  I'm super excited for them! However Kier may or may not have told me she's already over the planning part while she was sleep talking to Nieko and I this weekend.  haha.  Really, I know she's excited about the wedding but I think there's just something about when it comes down to planning your own wedding.  It's stressful, I get that.  So I'm going to do my best to help as much as I can :) It's going to be a busy summer, I'm sure.  Bring it on!

I've been ignoring the fact that there are some things I really need to do lately.  I'm just working on finding that motivation in myself to do it.  I made some good steps last week though.  We don't need to talk about them yet, just send some good energy my way if you can:) 

I just really can't complain about anything right now.  I'm just trying to focus on having a good summer before all sorts of changes come.  Oh, and enjoying this super nice weather that all of a sudden popped up.  Apparently it's supposed to be in the 80's all week and I'm all about that.  I did finally give in and turn on my AC, which I don't love.  Bills.  It's whatever.

Oh, and I have something to say to the people who don't feel like they deserve a good life, or good relationships...You're wrong.  Remember you who you are and make good things happen for yourself.  Start right now.  Kindly and carefully remove toxic people and things out of your life.  You don't need them.  I'm pretty sure we can all think of one thing we can get rid of this week that will make a difference in our life.  For some it might be a huge step and for others it might just be small.. but it's a step.  Make it!  

Here's to doing something good this week and to getting crap done.
Have a GREAT week!
Muah :) 

No comments: