Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday

"Kiersten, put your hands up."
-Nieko to Kier who had her hands between her legs by her crotch
"Where else am I supposed to put them?!" -Kier
This is a typical thing that would happen in my apartment.  Everyone has a semi-dirty mind (mine being the LEAST dirty because I won the last round of Dirty Minds..anyways) so we just assume that people are being purvey or weird.  She was just trying to keep her hands warm.. I think?  haha but really that's not the only place to put your hands.  You can put them in your pocket, fold them or even just place them on your lap :) try it. 

"Were you guys talking about me?"
-Sam to this cute food worker at the mall
There are just some people who can start talking to someone and in a matter of a couple of minutes, ask for their number and it's like no big deal.  Sam is one of those people.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing, you just don't see it happen like that very often.  Confidence, you know? But then to go back and ask for BBQ sauce, and ask if they are talking about you? omg. ...yeah. I'm done.  I can not...

boys.

"OK, so what do you want to do for your last official night hanging out?" -Me 
"Cuddle." -Soon to be missionary
"*haha* Ok. But really?" -me
"I was serious." -dude
Sure, I went along with it for a minute but then it was like um.. "Who wants to play Apples to Apples!?" I'm not kidding.  And I hate that game. It doesn't make any sense, the rules are stupid and it's not fun. Like, at all.  But we played and I sucked.  Actually, I did end up winning two cards at the very end.  You know how they are supposed to explain you or whatever.. my cards were "Juicy and Pure."  Let's not even get started on the other words on the card that described Juicy.  Meh.  That's me--Juicy/Pure Jenn.  Ew. Actually, I take that back. Say the word Juicy when it comes to a person or..anything actually. Did you do it? 
  
Gross. 

"You're Screamin'!"
-Kid to me at FHE
At first I didn't know what he meant.  Like are you trying to give me a compliment or bash on me? I wasn't even saying anything. That's when I realized I was wearing my BRIGHTEST pink/orange hoodie and I guess it's just a little shocking for people.  It's bright, I get it.  That was followed by everyone commenting on the sweater for the rest of the night.  Mostly dudes.  I don't get it.  Maybe I need to wear it more often to get their attention. #jk #mostlyweirdos #blesstheirsouls #sorrynotsorry

"She's just singing a beautiful tune."
-Kier to Liz who couldn't understand what I was quietly saying/singing
I guess Liz thought I was talking to her but I was just singing "Bandz A Make Her Dance."  I guess it could be considered a beautiful tune, Kiersten Cullen.  Way to see the best in all things.

...Drank.

"You look tan today."
-Coworker, Wendy
Seriously, this happens every time I don't wash my hair and just stick it in a messy bun on the top of my head. I think I've figured out that it's because when I don't wash my hair, I have to pull it all back in a pony and well, my roots are SUPER grown out so my hair around my face looks darker which makes me wonder, does my blonde wash my face out? omg. I need to get into GrassRoots next week.  Like ASAP.  And I need to convince myself that either it's OK to be white or it's OK to age myself in a tanning bed because since it's been winter I've worn tights or jeans everywhere and my legs are white as a ghost.  I'm not joking.  Or laughing. CURSE YOU TANNING MOM. *shakes fist*

"My New York accent comes out when I'm emotional or "PISSED OFF."
-Girl during her testimony over the pulpit at church.
Now, if you aren't like me and haven't watched 8 hundred different East Coast Reality shows..then maybe you can't picture the way she said "pissed off" in her accent. It's funny because saying you are "pissed" is one of those words where pretty much all LDS people either say it or they treat it like it's not a swear.  Which, in my opinion, it's not a swear but my mom likes to tell us not to say it if we do.  ANYWAYS, it's just one of those words that we hear all the time and it's like "whatever." But to hear someone shout it in a Brooklyn/NY accent over the pulpit at church during a testimony..TOTAL shock factor.  Even I had to look down because I was so shocked and kind of embarrassed for her.  People quickly got over it and we all got a good laugh at it.  Not sure what the bishopric thought.  I couldn't even look at them.
_____
Random but did you catch the last two episodes of New Girl?! omg. I tweeted about the Nick and Jess kiss last week. It was fantastic.  Kier and I creepily had to rewind it because we couldn't believe how magical it was.  It was just one of those moments where two people who were never in love or at least never admitted to themselves or anyone else that they had feelings for their good friend has this moment where something just clicks between them one day and the dude grabs the girl and just kisses her because he can.  Seriously.  It was great. 

haha. Well, this is how Jess described it in last night's episode in her dry personality sort of way (if you know what I'm talking about).  

"It was firm but tender.  I saw through space and time for a moment, but that's not the point."
Seriously though, we felt it Zooey D.  that was a good kiss.

annd.... done with the cheese-ball, moment.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY :)

No comments: