Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday, duh.

"Are you a professional duct-taper now?
-Nieko
Here's the thing though, I really am.  If you had a close look at my animal print, duct tape chairs I have in my kitchen, you would probably be so impressed with me that you would have no other choice but to give me a high five on the spot. I'm that good.

"Have fun. Drive Safe. No Hookers."
-Savanna
Dang it.  No hookers? What kind of a trip is that?! jk.  She's funny.

"I'm turning 21. Can you believe it."- Girl at Liz's Slumber Party
"Um.I'm already 22."- Amanda
"Ew. That's gross." -Same Girl
This was one of those moments where you're like... "really?!" and then you want to punch the girl in the face even though you know she's semi-kidding.  I'm sure she's real nice but after that I was like? "I'm 25.  Why am I even here? You're immature annnnnd a little annoying."  And then I remembered that I was there for Liz and I was over it.  Luckily I bit my tounge. It's one thing to speak up when it's your friends because then you can all just laugh about how old I am in comparison to all the other fetuses surrounding me.. but when you don't know the people it's just embarrassing.

"Yoga Pants.  It's like wearing no pants, only more socially acceptable."
-Same girl as the last comment.
After she said this comment and I got a total kick out of it, she got less annoying.  So that's good.  But really wearing yoga pants is basically like being naked.  And for it to totally be acceptable?  ...God bless America.

"I should be cleaning a place like this, not sleeping in it."
-Kier about our Suite at the Cosmopolitan in Vegas
I'm sure you saw the picture but the hotel is super fancy!  So it was fun taking Kier there...especially since she'd 1-Never been to Vegas before, 2-Layton to Las Vegas was her longest car ride/trip ever and 3-She told me that she's mostly stayed at places like Best Westerns and other places equally...awesome.  haha. Anyway, she was so much fun taking there.  I just love that she said this.  I pictured her being a little foreigner cleaning all the rooms, knocking on doors saying, "house keeping?" 

(*not that ALL housekeepers in the hotel world are foreigner but you know what I'm saying)

"I want to get punched by Mike Tyson!"
-Cole
You guys--There was a line to meet Mike Tyson outside of a store at the Planet Hollywood mall area.  Did we want to wait in the long line? No.  But Cole really did want to get punched by Mike Tyson.  Can you imagine though?! Being able to say that you've been punched by him?  The guy is crazy. And I'm pretty sure he's not all there? Did I make it up? I can't remember.  He just has that look. Oh, and that whole ear thing...Anyways.

"Oh LOOK! She got a Dooney !"-Me
"What's that?" -Kier
Bless her.

"Wow that skittle must have been in there a long time, it doesn't have any flavor."
-Sam about a skittle he found under the couch cushion.
I just want to know who, other than a 3 year old, eats something they found in a couch?  hahaha. Seriously. 


"Hiya Moms.  You look like more of the mom type."
-Dwayne the homeless guy at the Gas station after the concert 
I have had conversations and made friends with the weirdest of people in my days but there are a few people I just don't feel comfortable around.  (Most) homeless people being the only category I will mention right now so you don't think a big old racist, which, I am not.  Anyways, after the concert I pretty much felt like I was going to die.  Like, "Am I a 90 year old diabetic? Because I am that sore and THAT thirsty." It was bad. (don't get me wrong, the concert was AMAZING!)  So after we ran across the street to this ghetto Market attached to a subway across from the Hard Rock to get water.  We sat down and started guzzling our Liters of h20, minding our own business, when this homeless black guy (with surprisingly the nicest teeth) come up to us with the opening line of "Smells like weed in here." which it did not.  Then he sat down next to sam.  I instantly started to think of ways that I could get out of the conversation that was about to happen because I knew it would lead to asking fore money.  I know it's rude.  He told us about how the cops kicked him out of the Subway just brushing his teeth.  Then he asked us for our names and put out his hands to shake them.  First he told cole he looked like Super man.  I'm guessing just because he's big? I don't know.  Then he reached out his hand and said "hiya moms." omg. Not only did I not really want to shake his hand (rude I know, but I just figured a friendly smile would suffice instead of participating in a germ exchange) but then he called me "MOMs?" oh HEELLLLLLL nah. 

 Whatevs.  Sounds about right.

Long story short.  Cole gave him 4 bucks for bus fare and he suckered sam out of $15 worth of food.  I kid you not.  He was one of those who knew he had Sam hook-line-and-Sinker and he took advantage of it. "Oh I need some chips." "oh a Sandwich." And just kept going.  Don't worry.  Sam won exactly $15 bucks back gambling.  #blessings.

omg. I'm going to go work on doing some non-momish things.  gah #FML.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha loved it.

What is a dooney?