--It would be my way :)
Yes, I just wished I had a Fairy God mother like Oprah.
It happened.
Even though it's nice to think about, I know that things can't just always be easy and fabulous. Even the Oprah's of this world have tough times. The girl is good but she's not that good.
I honestly believe that before we came down to this Earth we knew that life would be hard. We knew that we would be faced with some really tough challenges and we knew that life wouldn't always be "fabulous." However, I just know that we knew we could do it. Why? Because, I find it hard to believe that we would choose to come here if we thought we were going to fail miserably. That just sounds ridiculous to me. I believe that we chose the Savior's plan and we came to this Earth to try to live our lives in the best possible way we could.
...sometimes, we forget that. At least, I do. I sometimes forget why I'm here and what I'm supposed to be doing and I find myself wasting away moments being pissed off about this or that or being hateful or complaining about stupid things. Don't get too crazy--I'm not saying I'm never going to complain again. BUT I want to be more "FABULLOOUUUS" at being happy and living this life and stop wishing away so many things and moments. Even though life can seem unfair at times, it could always be worse. Sure my sister and her family is moving away and that is going to be really hard for me and our family, but I should be grateful that there are planes that can take me there (better start saving now) and that I don't have to drive a BILLION hours to get there. I should be grateful that at least we have FaceTime now and I should be grateful that our family is such a close family that we care this much.
Life just really isn't as hard as I make it sometimes.
Life does suck at times and for the last couple of weeks I've been rude, I've ignored situations, and I haven't been the best friend and sister I could be. Just so you know, I stopped mid-blog post and wrote a couple of apologies for not being supportive and understanding for a couple of things that are going on in the life of Jenn right now. I've spoken my peace and now it's time to just be OK with things and TRY to change my attitude because, whether I like it or not, (and I still don't like it), this crap is real. It's happening and life is always changing. There will always be things that we don't want to do and things that we don't understand but, they happened or they are happening so we might as well make the most out of it, learn from it, and carry on.
Along with everything else I just said, I truly believe that every hard thing we go through is crucial to our lives. The way we come out of a situation and the things we learn only help us on the path towards being the person we were sent here to become.
Everyone will just have to bare with me while I occasionally give a fake smile and am selfish from time to time...Just know, I'm going to try harder at being happier and more understanding. I promise :)
---------------------------------------
but really Oprah, home girl could use a little "Favorite Things" pick-me-up.
#holla *said like Oprah, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment