Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Update and a short Wednesday Post

I know it's Wednesday and I'm simply supposed to write down some of the memorable crap people said to/around me this week but I need to write a little update about this weekend.  So, work has been crazy busy so my lunch time consists of me scarfing down some food and quickly getting updated on what is going on in the world instead of updating this old thing.  Anyways, I tweeted Monday about how I went home to Idaho this weekend and while it was kind of stressful and I wanted to cry a couple of times, it was just good to be away from my Utah life for a bit. So here's a quick recap and then I will get into the few things I jotted town for today's Wednesday post. Deal?

1.) Mason was sick.  Do you think I tried to not let him give me kisses? No.  I made him give his auntie kisses and I carried him around anywhere he would let me.  I shared drinks with him and I let him feed me snacks.  It only makes sense that I got sick; I asked for it.   But like my mom said, "It's worth it." She's totally right.  That boy is seriously my favorite. I could go on about that (you know this). But just some highlights... This boy is getting so big.  Right now he loves motorcycles and 4-wheelers and says the words so funny.  Anything that sounds like a motorcycle he will point it out and make this face like "huh? motorcycle?" Basically a plea to get you to take him outside.  He also associates "Cow" with "Papa" aka-Grandpa.  I love that.  Even though the kid was sick all weekend he was still a pretty happy boy.  Just don't tell him you are getting ready to go "Bubye" until you are absolutely ready to go because he will cry.  He loves to be on the go.  He also loves anything with buttons (the microwave) and Macaroni and cheese.  I could go on.  But I think my FAVORITE moment of the whole weekend was when I asked him to fold his arms like a good boy and Auntie would give him a piece of candy.  You guys, it was the most precious thing ever.  He folded his arms like a reverent little boy, but looked up with this smirk (because he knows he's cute) and his face screamed "Ok, give me candy now." haha.  So he folds his arms now.  It's the best.

2.) We brought Kiersten home with us.  I tried to set her up for what she was getting herself into, and I don't think I could have prepared her quite enough.  I told her that people just live simpler lives in Parma... I never realized this as much as I did this weekend helping Cole show her around town.  We really do live simpler lives.  Sure, it's still stressful but it's a different kind of stress.  Anyways, I love that town and the people in it.  I feel bad because it was quite possibly the worst weekend for her to come home because everyone was so stressed with James leaving for DC.  But in a way I guess it was kind of good.  Like, "Ok, if you want to date Cole, here's what he comes from!" haha. But she was so good about it and seemed to fit right in.  Everyone loves her, of course :)  

3.)  Families are funny.  With my family, we all love each other but that doesn't mean that we all "get" each other all the time or that we all get along all the time.  We think that some of the choices that are made are stupid, we don't communicate the best all the time, we want to slap each other occasionally and we bite out tongues a lot.  But at the end of the day, we love each other and we always will.  Our family might not have been at the strongest point this weekend.. there was a lot of miscommunication, grumpy attitudes and misunderstandings but we always end up coming together and making things work.  That is what I love the most about my family.  We try harder to make sense of things and we try our hardest to support each other.  It might be hard sometimes but we just do it.

4.) I've always known that I am the "middle" man in our family.  I guess it's fitting since I'm the dreaded middle child; everyone goes to you and they expect you to fix things.  I get it, and I'm glad that people love me enough and trust me enough to do that..Because if that, I have a special bond with each of my siblings and my parents that I don't think they have with anyone else in the family.  So I love that,  but it does get stressful at times.  And this weekend was one of those times.  It doesn't help that I'm a people-pleaser when it comes to people I love.  (Dang it!)  But I realized this weekend as I was driving back and forth, on the verge of tears, trying to make sure everyone was happy and no one felt neglected that there are sometimes where you just have to let people work out their issues on their own.  I'm going to work harder at that this year.  I can't fix everyone. ( I know anyone reading this is probably like "OBVI" but I'm really going to try to put more responsibility on others to fix their own problems and to try to not feel bad about not helping as much.  It's not going to be easy.. but I'm trying.)  So if you are in that same spot with anyone that you love right now.. talk to them about it.  Let them know that it's not fair to put all their crap on you.  But do it in love.  And if you're the person who doesn't have your crap pulled together, well, you know how I feel about that.   We all have out problems and it's not fair to expect other people to fight your battles.  They might do it because they love you but if you have something to say/do, say it or do it yourself.  It will seriously make your life less stressful and will make the people around you understand you better.  Don't hold in what you are feeling and only share with one person.  Tell the person you have a problem with ... guaranteed the other person knows there is a problem.  Just make things easier for yourself and get it out.  OK? done. moving on.

Happy note.  I totally got pulled over on the way home and I totally didn't even cry because I knew that there was no way that hot cop man wasn't going to give me a ticket. He came back to the car with only a written warning.  I was like WHAT?! seriously, things might be looking up for me this year after all :) 

OK.  I'll Stop---Here's Wednesday's post:

"Right now I feel as happy as Christmas."
-Kier after opening Valentines gift.
They celebrated Valentine's Day a day early this year because she had to work, but she really was that excited about opening gifts and sitting around listening to the record player she got Cole.  #presh

"I guess I could jackass a fart."
"I'm not kidding he even blow darted a fart."
-Mom talking about a jackass clip she saw.
She'll kill me for writing this but I just wanted you to know how funny/cool my mom is.  I'm not sure why she was talking about farting or jackass but she must have just wanted us to know how bizarre she thought it was..  I'm actually not 100% sure but 'blow darted a fart means.'  I don't want to know.  ew gross.  I won't even tell you what she accidentally called the movie title instead of it's already inappropriate title.  smh.  My mother.

"Boobie."
-Mason trying to say 'movie'
Jamie claims that I just have a sick mind but he legit says that when he's saying movie.  I just know it.  Of course he has no clue what he's saying and he doesn't know any better but I get a kick out of it.  Kids are so funny.

"Reeeeeeeaaaaal flat here."
-Kier about Idaho
This was the first thing she said about where we live.  It's totally a big difference coming from Utah where you are surrounded by mountains.. She was totally impressed by all the fields.  haha like, we took her to eat in one of Parma's food places "Boys Better Burgers" (we call it "Boys" for short) anyways, there was an Arial picture of Parma from a while ago and it's all open land surrounding out small town with tons of open fields of all different shapes, sizes and colors.  She saw it and said that she wants to make a quilt like that when she learns how to quilt. bahhaha. smh. 

"Jenn, that is disgusting."
-Jamie talking about Big Ang
She really was totally grossed out by her when I made them watch Mob Wives with me.  But I totally thought he was gross when I was first introduced to her too, until I realized how funny she is (and that she's for sure a women) Now I love her!

"I didn't know he knew how to say sorry."-me to Jaym about Mason
"Yeah, because he hits people." -Jamie
hahaha. Of course it's not funny that Mason hits people and I don't think he does it that much, but it's just funny for me to see him growing up and actually getting in trouble and having to apologize for things.  HA.  Hopefully he doesn't hit people in Nursery.  LOL. omg.

"Well, I love it."
-Kier about parma/our little farm
Of course she wasn't going to tell us that she hated it but I think she really did like it.  She even told my dad that she loved his farm.  Probably because she found eggs and she "felt like it was Easter but more real."  hahaha.  She's funny.

No comments: