People who hate people for no reason...
I don't get it. It's like, what did these people do to make you hate them so much? I've seen pictures of you on FB, I know that you really can smile and that you aren't for reals possessed with that perma-B look. I'm sure those people probably don't like you either but it's probably solely because you were running your mouth saying you hated them in the first place. Get over yourself. Smile.
People who lie and are shady..
I've had quite a few really close friends do this to me in my lifetime. It's a tough one because the lies aren't usually that big of a deal, yet, at the same time it makes it hard to take them seriously or to trust them and makes it EXTRA easy to get annoyed with that other person. Believe me. I get that it's uncomfortable to admit certain things to people you love and care about but if someone asks you something and you make up some way around the truth....that's not being a good friend. Sure, I have plenty of things that I keep to myself ( or a select few) but if someone sincerely came to me asking a specific question about themselves and I had some kind of a problem, I would have to tell them if I thought it was going to make a difference. That goes for anything. If people ask you what you are doing, just tell them the truth. It's way better that way. People aren't stupid. If you lie. or tell the half truth..people will find out and they will talk about you. Fact of life.
People who only care about themselves (or rarely show otherwise)...
This one just makes me sad. I've seen some people who only care about themselves to the extent that they lose their closest friends because of it. Fact. People like to be shown that they are loved and that people care about them. Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives that we forget that other people around us (that we love very much) are going through things 10 times worse than whatever mini drama we are having that week. Here's a little tip. Stop thinking about yourself for one day and thinking about the relationships you have with your family members, g/f's, b/f's or BFF's. Are you making them a priority or are you mega sucking at that part of life? Take a break from looking at yourself for a minute and just talk to the people you love and show them that you care. Save those relationships before you lose them.
Boring people...
I'll admit, I love staying home by myself some nights doing a big, fat nothing but that rarely happens because I am constantly surrounded by people or doing this and that. But whatever I do, I ALWAYS try to commit to it. If I go out, I don't complain that I'd rather be at home or doing something else. I might for a second but then I CHOOSE to make it fun, exciting or at least worth my time. Yes, life can't always be fun and you can't always be happy, and lots of crappy things happen to good people all the time, but why can't we just celebrate life? People often tell me that I'm loud. This is a true statement. They also tell me I'm immature...Also a fact sometimes. But I like to think that I make whatever situation I'm in a good one. Yes, I have break downs. Yes, I cry. Yes, I get sad. But at the end of the day, life is good and I CHOOSE to be around people who are interesting and exciting. People I can have good conversations with and people who aren't boring. the end.
Self-Righteous people...
I know this one is probably taboo around here but let's talk about it for a minute. The fact of life is that not all people have the same brain. In fact, EACH of us have a different one. This isn't breaking news. I don't care if you belong to this church, that church or no church. Whatever the case is, we all have our own thoughts about life, what is right and wrong, and how we choose to live our life. Sure, we sometimes don't understand why other people don't see eye-to-eye with what we believe in but have you ever thought that the other person we are saying that about is probably equally confused as to why we believe what we believe and why we do the things that we do? I'm a firm believer in sharing your faith and testimony of what you believe with other's who might not be of your faith or to people who you think might be having a hard time but I think that there are some people who cross the line with it--People who don't practice what they preach and people who just act like they are above other people. Please don't make people feel that way. If you see a problem with decisions someone is making and you're worried about a friend I think that you can absolutely tell them about your concerns and that you care about them. But once you've done that, you have to let them make their own decisions. The best thing that you can do after you've expressed love and concern is to live the lifestyle you are preaching about in the best way that you can without making anyone else feel bad about themselves.
I'm sure that each of us have fallen into one of these categories at one point in our lives but we don't have to be these people. These things aren't good and deep down.. people don't like these kind of people. I mean, even if YOU are selfish, a liar, or are boring sometime1s, I'm sure that you still complain about people who do those exact same things that you are guilty of at some point. So I guess that's why I don't get some people.. because they ARE the people that they hate the most. WE'RE better than that.
Today is the first day of spring..why don't we do a little spring cleaning of the soul. Take a self evaluation this week--If you find yourself falling into one of these categories, try to make it a goal to work on it a little. What could it hurt!?
Happy Spring!
People who lie and are shady..
I've had quite a few really close friends do this to me in my lifetime. It's a tough one because the lies aren't usually that big of a deal, yet, at the same time it makes it hard to take them seriously or to trust them and makes it EXTRA easy to get annoyed with that other person. Believe me. I get that it's uncomfortable to admit certain things to people you love and care about but if someone asks you something and you make up some way around the truth....that's not being a good friend. Sure, I have plenty of things that I keep to myself ( or a select few) but if someone sincerely came to me asking a specific question about themselves and I had some kind of a problem, I would have to tell them if I thought it was going to make a difference. That goes for anything. If people ask you what you are doing, just tell them the truth. It's way better that way. People aren't stupid. If you lie. or tell the half truth..people will find out and they will talk about you. Fact of life.
People who only care about themselves (or rarely show otherwise)...
This one just makes me sad. I've seen some people who only care about themselves to the extent that they lose their closest friends because of it. Fact. People like to be shown that they are loved and that people care about them. Sometimes we get so busy with our own lives that we forget that other people around us (that we love very much) are going through things 10 times worse than whatever mini drama we are having that week. Here's a little tip. Stop thinking about yourself for one day and thinking about the relationships you have with your family members, g/f's, b/f's or BFF's. Are you making them a priority or are you mega sucking at that part of life? Take a break from looking at yourself for a minute and just talk to the people you love and show them that you care. Save those relationships before you lose them.
Boring people...
I'll admit, I love staying home by myself some nights doing a big, fat nothing but that rarely happens because I am constantly surrounded by people or doing this and that. But whatever I do, I ALWAYS try to commit to it. If I go out, I don't complain that I'd rather be at home or doing something else. I might for a second but then I CHOOSE to make it fun, exciting or at least worth my time. Yes, life can't always be fun and you can't always be happy, and lots of crappy things happen to good people all the time, but why can't we just celebrate life? People often tell me that I'm loud. This is a true statement. They also tell me I'm immature...Also a fact sometimes. But I like to think that I make whatever situation I'm in a good one. Yes, I have break downs. Yes, I cry. Yes, I get sad. But at the end of the day, life is good and I CHOOSE to be around people who are interesting and exciting. People I can have good conversations with and people who aren't boring. the end.
Self-Righteous people...
I know this one is probably taboo around here but let's talk about it for a minute. The fact of life is that not all people have the same brain. In fact, EACH of us have a different one. This isn't breaking news. I don't care if you belong to this church, that church or no church. Whatever the case is, we all have our own thoughts about life, what is right and wrong, and how we choose to live our life. Sure, we sometimes don't understand why other people don't see eye-to-eye with what we believe in but have you ever thought that the other person we are saying that about is probably equally confused as to why we believe what we believe and why we do the things that we do? I'm a firm believer in sharing your faith and testimony of what you believe with other's who might not be of your faith or to people who you think might be having a hard time but I think that there are some people who cross the line with it--People who don't practice what they preach and people who just act like they are above other people. Please don't make people feel that way. If you see a problem with decisions someone is making and you're worried about a friend I think that you can absolutely tell them about your concerns and that you care about them. But once you've done that, you have to let them make their own decisions. The best thing that you can do after you've expressed love and concern is to live the lifestyle you are preaching about in the best way that you can without making anyone else feel bad about themselves.
I'm sure that each of us have fallen into one of these categories at one point in our lives but we don't have to be these people. These things aren't good and deep down.. people don't like these kind of people. I mean, even if YOU are selfish, a liar, or are boring sometime1s, I'm sure that you still complain about people who do those exact same things that you are guilty of at some point. So I guess that's why I don't get some people.. because they ARE the people that they hate the most. WE'RE better than that.
Today is the first day of spring..why don't we do a little spring cleaning of the soul. Take a self evaluation this week--If you find yourself falling into one of these categories, try to make it a goal to work on it a little. What could it hurt!?
Happy Spring!
1 comment:
Love your thoughts! You rock Jenn!
Post a Comment