Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Murp.

Ok, Seriously? I suck.  I was going over some past posts and realized that lately it's turned into weekend updates, wednesday's witty words, a few pictures here and there and a random blurb on Friday.  Sure, that's just dandy but I really do have things to say like I used too; that hasn't changed.  I just haven't made the time to sit and jot them down.  I've been slacking.  Boo. Here's why:

About a couple weeks ago I found myself in this really weird place.  Let's not get into it again other than to say that I boarded Ozzy's 'Crazy Train' for a minute I think.  I've been trying to work on a few things. You know.. taking care of my own bidness and what not.  It's been a little difficult.  Ok, there I go.  I will stop.  Things are good.  I just think that in my attempt to get off said "cookoo caboose" I kind of stopped wanting to rant about other people's bull and well, let's be honest, that's what this blog turned into for a while.  And you guys loved it.  I mean, all of my dating posts, virtual b slaps, and posts with hidden messages kind of got out of hand but those are the posts that always seem to get the most hits.  Murp...:/ Sorrrry. 

I'm not saying those things will stop. [we all love a good virtual B slap on a random tuesday] I'm just saying that I haven't been doing as good of a job keeping up because I've been taking care of myself for once and it's been really good. I'm getting it upder control.  I'm still figuring crap out, but aren't we always?  Anyways, let's just declare this the first blog-post slippage of 2012 and move on. K? I think I'm just going to try to go back to the posts where I don't think about things and just type about whatever is going through my brain (which is kind of scary.. ha.)

So here you go--the update: (sorry in advance for the length)

So this weekend I had to make Chex Mix for 100 people for Linger Longer (a ridiculous name for an 'event' whose sole purpose is meant for the singles in the ward to get to know each other while stuffing their faces with treats in hopes that some dates and, if we're lucky, marriage proposals will come to past) BOO.  That's how I feel about that.  Ok, don't get me wrong, the idea makes sense: "Let's get to know each other and mingle!" *insert sarcastic thumbs up* but let's be honest...We're already at church for three hours (which I love love and in no way am complaining) but when your church gets out at 4 and the sun is basically about to set..WHO WANTS TO LINGER THAT MUCH LONGER? I don't.  But maybe that's because my lack of committee help has ruined Linger Longer for me forever.  Gah.  All I have to say about this one is a.) Chex mix is annoying to make. Did you know you have to bake that crap for like, ever?! b.) As if going to walmart on a weekly basis (I swear) wasn't embarrassing enough...do you know how much cereal it takes to make chex mix for 100 people? Uh.. about 16 boxes.  TALK ABOUT EMBARRASSING.  Like, I couldn't even get the other stuff I needed for our apartment because I was so embarrassed.  People stare when you have that much cereal in your cart. And because my committe basically only gets two cents for a budget I had to get the off brand.  omg.  I was dying.


Oh and let's not forget about c.) aka. I burnt the crap out of my hand.  Like ouch. Bad.  This ticked me off...forcing me to quit making the regular chex mix which resulted in going to Walmart AGAIN to get stuff to finish making the sweet chex which is 100 times easier and better.  Anways, I ended up venting to the nice mexican cashier woman and said some things I'm not super proud of.. I digress.



Yeah. That was an interesting Saturday.  But I spent the rest of the weekend doing a whole lot of nothing which was nice.  I mean, I didn't stay up too late, I spent some quality time with the brother, caught up on some Redbox movies.  Ok. I actually just counted how many I watched this weekend. wow. Pathetic.  But yeaaaaah. Rent Real Steel. I really liked it. haha. Anyways, It was just a good weekened--totally needed. Thank goodness for that extra day off yesterday so I could get some real stuff done!

The rest of the update in a nutshell is just people changing, people being being dumb...you know, the usual.  But I usually just laugh and think. "Wow. I love that you think you're THAT cool." or "wow. Just pull it together."  There was a lot of that kind of talk/thoughts this last week.  But after discussing it with a friend the other day who said "Change means progression.." I couldn't agree with them more.  I mean, I've always known that was the case with change but sometimes change is hard to welcome and I'm still learning how to do it.  There is a lot of change in the midst, even if it's just little things I'm noticing right now.  But that just means that people are progressing and that I'm progressing and that's something I've actually been praying for a lot the last couple of weeks.  I guess we just have to learn to adapt to it and keep moving no matter what happens or how hard it is at that time.  Even if things are really hard for a while... one day they just stop being hard. 

That leads into my final thing.  Remember around this time last year when I was a loser and had like 2 friends in Utah and one of them was my Hometeacher? Oh yeah.  funny. Well, I was on Facebook this morning and saw that today is this girl from my old ward's birthday. Sounds lame right considering I haven't talk to her since I threw her a birthday party at my apartment a year ago from today in an attempt to be social and get to know people, right?  But it's important. I didn't know it at the time but I met some VIP's at that party.  Sure, I didn't think I would see Easton, Nieko or Pedro (Willy) ever again, let alone be friends with them after that weird night.  But I did.  And it's been a pretty fun year :) ... Yet another testiment that our first impressions aren't always correct. Homies, aren't you glad we gave each other a chance?! haha. oh geez. don't mind me while I get sentimental..haha. [said the girl who cried at the end of 'Bridesmaids :/]. 

See.  My point of it all is that things can be sucky for a long time and then one day... whatever day it actually was...things just changed.  And they are still changing and will continue changing.  But things can't stay sucky forever :) So whatever suckage you might be in--Just hang in there!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey girl!!! I'm Brandi' s, pre college experiences, best friend!!! Hope you don't mind me tracking you on here, she thinks your fanfreakintastic and gave me your blog address so I'm gonna be creepy and "follow"