Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday's Witty Words of the Week

"Making cotton candy, wanna join?"
-Me and Easton
I guess Liz doesn't like Cotton Candy.  It's like, "are you American!" ;)


"well, you look good for your age...!"
-Bradlee
First off, rude that he thought I was older than I was.  I've gotten that a lot the last couple of months.  Come on people.  It's not like I act mature or something.  But was the pity comment supposed to make me feel better about the fact that you just thought I was super old? j/k. but really!? [sad part...he was only a year off.. but I'm positive he rounded down.]


"Jenn, next year, whether you find someone and get married or not, my old/fancy dishes are yours!"
-Grandma Hansen
Sure, I'll take the fancy dishes and have all my single friends over for a dinner. *thumbs up* haha. I do like the vintage dishes so sure, I'll take my "maybe you'll never have a wedding" wedding gift a bit early :) Thanks grams!


"I just wanted to call to see how my madre's doing?!"
-Easton
awww presh.


"Your baby has your eyes!!"
-Random man to me in the check out line at Victoria Secret.
I didn't even correct him and tell him that Mason isn't my baby.  I just smiled and turned around.  Did he NOT see Jamie standing right next to me? Clearly her child.  But I'll take him :) Come to think of it...he kind of does have similar blue eyes.  


"Did you know you were an Orphan?  That's why you don't look anything like Jamie and Coleman..."
-Mom randomly to me in the most serious tone ever.
Don't say that mom.  First of all, that's rude. Second, Where did that come from? is there hidden meaning there? and third... I watched the movie the Orphan--don't mess with me.


"Um mom, you have a chip on your boob." -me
"What boob?" -dad
hahaha.


"What the hell, lady!? You'd look better with a knife in the side of your neck."
-dad
I wasn't going to post this one in fear that you'd think my add was hostile or something.. But he was really ticked at the lady would cut us off as we were walking into target and THAT is word for word what came out of his mouth.  I was dying.  Random. Weird. Hilarious.--that's my father.


Is it weird to see people who've seen your downstairs?" -Jamie
"Who?!" -Mom
"Yeah mom, that random man.  NO! the nurse over there."-Jamie
Best conversation that happened while at the doctor's office today. We probably laughed a little too loud.


"Where are you going lady? To a Flippin' Tortoise race?!"
-dad
I'm not sure where he comes up with some of his crap but really people....go the speed limit!


"..and we still have the 45 minute drive back to the United States!!"
-Regan
Yes, dad took us to middle of nowhere Payette, Idaho to go to a Chinese restaurant he loves that we'd never been before.  It's alright though; It was good.


"Jenn I have a question for you.  Are you ever going to get on LDS singles or something?"
-Dad [said in the most serious, sincere tone.]
I will say that was the first time my Dad has ever brought it up to me so I'm not mad at him.  I mean, I am 24.. I guess.  After quickly saying "no" and explaining that I wasn't worried about it at all, he might have even mentioned something about arranged marriage..{if you can count "rounding men up and holding a gun to their head" as arranged marriage} WTH?!  


ummm yeah dad, that made me feel so much better about the topic. Thanks. We agreed to disagree on the matter.  hahaha. at least i'm laughing about it today:) 

No comments: