Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

It's That Time.

Why does time go by so fast?  I feel like it was just yesterday that I was planning my trip to New York and then all of a sudden the trip came, it went, and then I was sad because it was over and didn't have any trips to look forward too. (yet.)  Weekends are just the same.  Friday comes and it's like, "Oh yeah, party yeah, it's the weekend, yeaaaah" only to have two late/but super short nights of fun and then it's over and back to work on Monday morning. What. a. rip-off. 

Oh, and don't even get me started on my nephew Mason and how he's getting so big and because I live in Utah and he lives in Idaho I don't get to see him very often. Again, another rip-off. gah. At least I get to "talk" to him everyday.  [One word, Jamie--SKYPE.]

Speaking of time.  My horoscope says that today would be a good day to think through complex ideas and formulate plans for the future.  My response?:


"BUT I DON'T WANNA!" *Insert pouty lip*


Dear life/future, can't I just be comfortable for a little bit longer before making big future plans and changes?  Pretty please!?

One of my friends and I stayed up super late Saturday night talking about the future and I'm thinking it's time to starting BS-ing and figuring out what's next. I'm not really sure what that will be yet, but it's about that time to get my act together and get it going.  I'll keep you posted. But if you have any suggestions feel free to drop me a note :)

In the meantime, here are some things I learned from my super quick weekend:

1.) I like being in the "know" but there are somethings that I would rather not know. But you can't just "unknow" something... Unless you have that thing-ga-ma-jig from Men In Black. But that's not real. darn.

2.) Things probably aren't as dramatic as they seem.

3.) Everyone has some kind of secret(s). Big or small. You don't have to tell anyone if you don't want too, but it's the people you trust with your secrets that you know are the real keepers.

4.) You don't have to be friends with everyone.  If you don't like the way someone acts, then don't hang out with them.  Don't fake it. Don't hide it. Don't feel bad. It doesn't always make you or the other person bad; it just means that you are being real and facing the fact that you just might not have much in common. Just don't be mean about it.


5.) I'm getting really good and staying up late.  I'm talking about the "staying up until 4 in the morning just because" kind of late. But man, do I love sleep.

6.) Sometimes Heavenly Father sends us comfort and answers through people we barely know. [Thank you girl in my ward for giving me one of the nicest, most sincere compliments yesterday about something I still struggle with believing.  I take back every bratty thing I thought about you and the fact that you choose to not have a cell phone making it extremely frustrating to connect with you for Linger Longer crap.  really. Thanks!]

7.) Even though I'm known to get [a little bit] scared in Haunted Houses, I really do enjoy them. I think I just love the atmosphere and the good times with friends. It's not October without going to one. Or, if you're like us, two in one weekend! Word to the wise if you are in the area--stay clear of the Haunted Hallow.  Nightmare on 13th is where it's at :)

8.) I forgot how much I loved Ja Rule's voice until recently. Really though. Ghetto-Sexy.




9.) Attention world, It's not news that I'm "cursed" with BGFS (Best "girl friend" syndrome). It's real. Deal with it. It doesn't bother me at all, just stop asking me about it, k?! I don't ask you about your diseases or problems. Why? Because it's rude. hahaha j/k but really. Can't home girl just be cool and kick it with the boys and give them advice about other girls without people telling me that it's not "normal" to just be close friends? Puhlease. I'm good at it, so let me be good at it! I guess I just don't do "normal."

10.) Um.. how did the Holidays come so quickly.  Halloween, Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas...all equal junk food/treat city.  Kill me now!

2 comments:

Savanna said...

Several things:
1. Amen to the whole secrets thing.2. Amen to the best girlfriend syndrome thing, I get that all the time too. It's just life.
3. I love that song, with all my heart.
4. You're amazing, always have been always will be. No need to make huge changes if you aren't ready for them. It's ok to enjoy life I say.
5. Love you.

Amy said...

Really?? You're going to make big life changes because your horoscope tells you too, it's only been a year since a big life change, just enjoy where you're at, working with me:) and things will fall into place. Wow that was prophetic...you're welcome!