Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

DB Jar


Before I start.  If you get offended by the term "Douche bag" or you don't think it's funny...please do us both a favor and stop reading now.

Since summer ended we've been spending a lot more time at my apartment. In fact, we hung out there every night this weekend. I'm not not sure what it is but many times it ends up being just me and the boys. This weekend consisted of making random foods super late at night [including bacon that didn't taste like bacon, biscuits and honey and jiffy pop], watching Ridiculousness [a new fave], and random conversations [per usual]. With us, you never know what is going to come out of our mouths...

After the hilarious introduction of the "Douche Bag Jar" on the TV show the 'New Girl', which I've told you I love, I'm starting to think that it's only appropriate that I start one of these especially with all the funny things that are said at my place.  Plus, the sheer idea of having a Dbag Jar in my house, even if it only collects a dollar or two, quite frankly makes me laugh. a lot. out loud.





Source: theberry.com via Lauren on Pinterest



Want one? Here's how it works.
Like a swear jar but for douchey comments. We all know a swear jar wouldn't work at my apartment but a Dbag one? We could have some fun with it--not that I would consider any of our crew to be true DB's. not even. But sometimes things just slip out, you know? And what's more fun than making a collective agreement to call someone out for saying something douchey?! really.

The Rules.
When anyone of your friends who've agreed to the rules of the DBJ say a douche based comment, anyone in the apartment at that time can call out the said 'Dbag-comment-maker', or DBCM for short, by saying, "put a dollar in the Douchebag Jar" or "You. Dollar. Dbag Jar. Now" or simply "DBAG.." while pointing at the jar repeatedly.

The DBCM must immediately put a dollar in the jar. or at least a DB-IOU.

Once the jar is full, you then use the money to take out all the friends who agreed to the terms of the DBJ to ice cream, drinks, or whatever you collectively decide on.  

Note--you wouldn't normally call a girl a DB but in this case--girls count too.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the DBJ.  I'm pretty sure the jar could have collected a few bucks this weekend if we had one started.

If you make a DBJ for your place--PLEASE, for the love, share a picture of your jar or at least leave some of the comments of called-out douchebaggery below :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made a douchebag jar for my place. Me and my cousin live together. I had to put a dollar in it as soon as I made it because I spelled douchebag wrong.

Stephanie27 said...

Just made this. My trial run. Can't wait to see how this turns out! https://twitter.com/#!/Stephanie_27_/status/204391855801106437

Christi said...

My apartment does this... we just yell, "JAR!"whenever appropriate... or inappropriate, as it were...