Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"

Last night some friends and I decided to go and see the Lion King in 3D.  I hadn't seen that movie since I was little but I remember watching it a lot.  What I don't remember is all of the great life lessons that are in it and how funny it is.


Not kidding. I admit that I am 23, almost 24 [*CHOKE*] and I found myself relating to the Lion King...


I won't go into a big old boring post about my feelings and what I've been going through the last few days [whaaaa whaaaa. boring] but I will say that this part in the Lion King made me want to jump out of my seat, thrust my fist in the air and shout, "I can do this!"



The past can hurt, but you shouldn't run from it, dwell on it, or let it stop you from being happy or having all of the the things that you want and deserve. You learn from the past so you don't have to keep hurting.

"It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"
Listen to the monkey; It doesn't matter. It's the past--It's done!  So find peace with your situation [whatever it is], face the facts, decide for yourself what is best, apologize, delete playlists, take down pictures, meet new people...do whatever you've got to do so that you can live your life in the now and be happy :)

Thank you Disney for helping me through this week!    

1 comment:

Savanna said...

You wrote this for me huh? I better go watch some Lion King! Love you!