Hey Homies--I'm BAAAACCCCKKK!
I know I've only been gone for a few days, but I've missed this. I guess I really have become a true blogger to the max because everytime something happened on the trip, I immediately thought of a cool way to blog about it. But as promised I will just give you the Vegas update!
Sorry, this is going to be a super long one and I'm still waiting on the friendlies to post the pics so those will have to come later. [BOO!] You don't have to read this whole thing.. but just know that I'm not even going to be able to do the trip justice in this one post but I want to be sure I have some of the good parts down so when I'm old and filled with botox, I will be able to remember the deats of this trip.
With the help of some of my buds on the trip, we've come up with a name to describe each day of our mini vacay.
Day 1---Boobies and Blowouts
[note to N, A, W & E--Sorry, I had to change the title a titz (no pun intended) because I remembered some of the people who are avid readers and well, I just had to make the adjustment, k?!]
Our plan to leave SW around 4pm was a success. We got on the freeway and realized that the car was shaking quite a bit and pulling to one side. When I say shaking, I mean, the people in the back felt like they were getting a deep massage and the rearview mirror was moving like crazy. Easton ensured us that his dad had brand new tires put on the car but he just didn't feel right about how it was shaking when we reached 65 mph...
My, Anna, Nieko and Willy's reactions?:
"I think it's supposed to be like that."
"It's probably just the road..." "see? Look at all the rivets."
"The tires probably just have to be broken in or something"
Excuses much? haha. We were way wrong. Watered down version of it all: We pulled over to the Les Schwab in Sandy just to be sure and noticed the tires were indeed a little flat. The guy working insisted it was an aligmnent isssue before he even checked the car himself. Um, wrong again, dummy. Let's just say, if the idiot working had an indian name it would be "Tire Blow Up In Face."
No Joke. It was SO loud.
We finally ended up getting a guy who knew what he was talking about. One new tire later, we were on the road, Vegas bound. Most people would let that little incident put a major damper on their trip, but we made the best out of it. I mean, hey, at least we pulled over and weren't stranded on the road AND we got free stale popcorn and matching BFFF bracelets. presh.
The rest of the car ride we did a good job of making our own fun. It included lots of singing/rapping and one handwritten napkin sign about boobs (don't worry, PG-13, people) and a young hottie who's night was pretty much made thanks to us. Trust me. He was hot. Anna and I decided he was our new bf. We continued to wish he was with us a couple of times on the trip. Buuuuuut, he wasn't. Meh. Whatev.
Once we pulled into Vegas at about 11 it was time to "oooo and ahhhh" at the lights and our sweet villas right off the strip, walk around, see to water show at the Bellagio, and gamble a little. I figured out real quick that I'm not a gambler at all. But I guess I didn't really try. All I know is that all of a sudden it was 4 am. That place doesn't sleep!
Day 2--Shopping, Stratosphere and Secret Pizza
Laying out by the rooftop pool was the perfect way to start out each morning. I L-O-V-E it. I would do it all day everyday if it didn't have the painful consequence of a massive sunburn. I mean, my goal was to get a nice burn that would turn to a tan, but no one wants to be in THAT much pain so that means that time laying out had to be limited.
After laying out we did lunch at Pampas which can be described in one word: Meat. Seriously. SO much meat. Next, we decided that we wanted to do what we do best--Shop :) So we did. I could have shopped more but with so many people it's hard to REALLY shop. But I did get some really cute boat shoes and helped Carli find the most adorable fedora and she looks BOMBBB in it. I really think I could be a personal shopper for people. I'm honest and they trust my opinions of what really looks good and fits a certain style. Can't say much for some of the others in the group who almost had me convinced to buy a bright coral colored zip up/hooded onsie get up from H&M. Granted it made me look super tan and was beyond comfy but it just went against all of my beliefs. Shoott. Now I kind of wish I would have gotten it because I can't find it online. BOO. I should have listened to Easton when he said, "J Dog, you should get it!"
Next was the stratosphere. We got the unlimited wrist band and pretty much, I got anxiety on all three rides. The Big Shot=scarrrry. But amazing. The other two? Let's just say, I pulled the ugly cry/laugh a couple of times and I really believe that it shouldn't be allowed to have a ride dangle and spin you off the side of a huge-a building. Just saying. All in all, it was way fun and no one threw up. yay us!
After the stratosphere it was pretty late and everyone was super hungry. Most of the peeps decided they were going to get Little Ceasars and take it back to the hotel but Me, Liz, Nieko and Willy decided we'd venture out and try something that we couldn't get in Utah. That's how a vacation is done in my book.
We still were feelin' pizza so I "googled," Nieko "yelped" and we found out that there was a pizzeria in the Cosmopolitan, which I had wanted to go check out anyways [gorgeous hotel but be warned--if you go there on a Friday or Saturday night, you best be in your sexiest clothes or else you'll feel super under dressed.] We went up and down the floors of the Cosmo in search for said "pizzeria." Nieko found out (thanks to Yelp) that it was hidden on the third floor. It really was like a treasure hunt looking for this place and it was SOOO worth it.
We followed the unmarked, long, dark hall only to find a pizzeria that doesn't have a name or menus. We immediately fell in love with it. We dubbed it our Secret Pizzeria. The feel of the place was so great. It was plain, looked like it was ran by the mafia, was super cheap and the pizza was amazzzing. I could go on and on. If you're in Vegas, just go to the Cosmo and give it a try. You won't regret it. We went there twice to be sure we didn't just love it so much because we were SUPER hungry the first night we found it. I loved it just as much the second time :) no joke.
After a long day of walking around so much, a few of us soaked our feet in super hot water and drank lots of ice water. If you haven't done that before, stop what you're doing right now and try it. The combo of the hot and cold is amazing. Throw a sunburn into the mix and you even kind of get the chills. Awesome.
Day 3--Heat and Hooker Cards
This day is pretty much the definition of LV. Carli and I got up early to lay out by the pool and everyone else came up soon after. The sun was super hot but we enjoyed it. Like I said, our goal was to get some color. Almost all of us burnt on this day, especially the boys. Luckily I had a pretty good base so I barely burned. I'd have liked to get more, but what can you do.... I can't be a walking lobster. That's just embarrassing.
You've heard the saying: "Don't look down in Vegas," right? Well, good luck with that. The crap is everywhere. And those people flicking the cards are pretty good at what they do. It almost natural just to put out your hand and take what they are trying to give you. But it's like they say on all of those meth commercials--"not even once" because really, if you take it once, even on accident, the rest of them on that same corner will attack you and you'll feel like a perv. Even if you don't look at the cards. Or you won't feel like a perv. Whatever. "Thank You!...Thank You!.....Thank You!" bahahahaha.
That night a few of us decided to go eat at the Buffet at the Bellagio. For those who really know me they know that there are multiple things that make me nervous. One being Buffets and another being surrounded by lots of Asians [no offense.. I think it's just all of the scary movies I watch.] Well, that night the Bellagio had some kind of Asian tour going on at that exact time we decided to go eat and there were HUNDREDS of them. no joke. C-c-C-crazy. The buffet was expensive but had some awesome food. But pretty sure a couple of us were high off food when we were done because we couldn't stop laughing and we were miserable because our tummies were so full. Worth it? idk. But it was tasty :)
The buffet is probably what kept me so awake talking with Liz until 4 am. Love her!
Day 4--Uhhh Repeat?
We had to check out pretty early on Monday morning so we got our little drained/sunburned bodies out of bed and pretty much did a repeat of everything from the first three days. We got a little sun, walked around like crazy, shopped some more...H-H-H and M-M-M [sang like Rhianna's S&M song] and some even ate at the Secret Pizzeria again. It was 103 degrees outside and we were ready to head home.
The car ride home was just me and the boys and well, we always seem to have interesting conversations. I'll leave it at that.
All in all it was an awesome trip. I seriously hadn't laughed that much in a while. I love that everyone seemed to get along great and we just had so much fun together. It didn't matter what we were doing. I learned a lot about all of the people we were with, gained a better appreciation for hand sanitizer as well as BMW's and other fancy cars and decided that you really can't beat getting away with friends :) Even though I was the oldest of the bunch, I really took away some good lessons from each of them that I want to work towards in myself.
I know I left some stuff out but this gives you a little taste of it.
Pictures to come. Happy Hump Day :)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a blast. I love Vegas and i am now dying to try that pizzeria.
Ok the comment about the buffets and Asians seriously had me laughing so hard. I think that's my fear a little too! I love vacay's with friends, it's just so much fun. Can't wait to see pictures!! Love you!
Post a Comment