Many times we seem to be pretty justified in our judgements:
I've posted about this before but I guess it's because I'm still pretty guilty of it....You know, the whole first impression/judgement thing? I just can't seem to shake it. It really doesn't help that I'm in a new singles ward where I only know a couple of people. I'm not complaining about it because I know I haven't tried. However, it's because I don't know anyone in the ward that it's terribly difficult for me to focus during church as I find myself constantly observing the people around me.
I try to push those first impressions aside and see how they interact with others without them knowing that is what I am doing...because let's be honest, that would be a lot creepier than it already is. But really, some of the people who walked into that church yesterday were just asking for my judgements.
Let's get it straight. I'm not sitting there and sizing up those who could use a little help in the beautification department. Most of them don't know any better. I'm talking mostly about the guys who come off as complete pigs and the girls who seem to be a toned-down version of the word described in the picture above. I know, I don't know them so who am I to say what they really are?.... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I just need to get this off of my chest.
People: You can't show up for sacrament meeting wearing a black see-through lace top with a colored brightly bra and a matching hippy headband around your forehead TO CHURCH and not be judged for it. Just sayin'. I'm sure most of the boys liked it. In fact, I know the boys in the pew in front of me did. But these are the ones that I would classify as the "Pigs." Or, if you have been watching the Bachelorette this season, they would be mini versions of Bentley. Ew. Gross. Why would you want their attention? I'd rather be cat lady than act out like that to get the attention of the "Bentley's" of this world. Sure, they might be on the attractive side and you might want to kiss them a little [or a lot]. But if you can only stand to look at them and you want to puke every time they open their mouths to say something? Then, Um... yea, I'd rather take the cats. And I HATE cats.
Whoa. *breathe*. I think the main reason why this got to me yesterday was because I highly doubt that all of these people are really pigs and whores. They are probably really nice/good people. I just think they are just trying so hard to be accepted. I know how that is. Trying to get attention, seeking validation from people of the opposite sex but NEWS FLASH, hunny. It's not getting you any where and you kind of look pathetic.
What can we take home from this?
Always.
It doesn't matter who that is. As long as you are being true, then who cares what other people think :)
2 comments:
Jenn, I love this. You are not alone in this judgment of others. I am SOOO guilty. Yesterday I went to a random qard because I slept in and missed mine and I was definitly judging. Girl on the front row with a foot of skin showing ABOVE your knee, are you seriously wearing that to church? Really? I'm sure she's a great person.
Amen Sista!!!
Post a Comment