Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bring it on (not the movie with the cheerleaders that has had multiple crappy remakes.)

Sometimes life is like the Tower of Terror-- Filled with many ups and downs [literally] that come so suddenly that it's sometimes hard to figure out how to react..  Do you scream because you are scared?  Do you laugh because you are having fun?  Do you puke because that one drop seemed like it was never going to end?



With each up and down, emotions vary between individuals.  Even though you may be screaming and grasping the bar down on your right hip, the person next to you might be laughing and thrusting their fist in the air as if to say: "Bring it on!"  All-in-all, there's loads of screaming, butterflies, laughing, and the occasional puking. 


To me, the scariest part of the ride is that moment when you think that things are finally good and your stomach starts to settle and it still has another big surprise drop in it.  I've been in Utah for exactly a year now and I've just finally started feeling that things are really "good" an "on track."  The moment I realized it and said the words out load, I found myself almost sick to my stomach with the huge changes and downs that struck the last couple of weeks.  It really was like my stomach was just settling and I could finally catch my breath and man running the ride thought, "OK, you're ready for another drop." 

What's the point? Do you WANT me to puke all over right now? I don't think so. 

Is it to see how we each react?

Bingo.

Although I'm super bummed about the change(s) that happened today ( boundary changes in wards for Davis County... tragic, long, boring story) and everything about this crappy week, I know that I have to except it, follow it and carry on.  I chose to get on this ride and I might as well make the best of it.  

Maybe the Man running the ride gives us the surprise drops to keep us on our toes.  And just think... we could be on a drop that really NEVER ends.  At least there are lots of ups thrown in there too :) 

Goal:  Be the person on the ride who, with their fist in the air, screams: "Bring it on!"




  

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hang in there! Sometimes there is a reason. Don't know for sometime but it comes. Lift up your chin and smile that great smile of yours. Maybe this week will be alot lighter and not so crappy. Bring it on!

The Ure's said...

Jenn. I know exactly what you mean. This is a crazy roller coaster ride we are on! But some of these changes are going to be good! I'm always here for you if you just want someone to vent to! Love you girly!