Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

I learn more in Primary.

I was able to sit in on a Primary Lesson in my home ward yesterday.  Can I just say that little kids are hilarious?  I'm convinced that I'm going to be a horrible mother because I find real joy in laughing at kids.  I laugh at the really inappropriate things they say and when they do things that I know they shouldn't be doing.  I'm not sure how to control myself when it happens.  It's like when a little kid swears--FUNNY!  I know it's wrong but I can't help but burst out with laughter.

OK, none of the children swore in class but they said some of the most ridiculous things and of course, I sat in back in my miniature chair and silently laughed...trying not to cause any problems or distractions.  Funny part of it all was that I learned so much more in that class than I normally do in my sunday school class in Single's ward.  Hmm.  Problem?  Possibly.

The lesson was on the story found in the Bible about when Jesus heals the 10 Lepars.  Of course, when teaching 8 year olds, the first thing they need to know is:"What is a Lepar?" It was then explained in the simplest way possible which included talking about how sometimes the disease would cause parts of the lepar's body to fall off.  ew, right?  Well the lesson was supposed to be about gratitude because as the story goes, all 10 were healed but only 1 of them came back to thank Jesus.

The teacher asked, "What did the 9 lepars not have that the one did?" The answer was clearly supposed to be Gratitude but one of the kids immediately responded [with a serious face] "HANDS!"

omg, I couldn't stop laughing.  I mean, really?!?!  haha.

Then to top it off...I started talking about how we should be thankful for everything that we have and how some people in other countries aren't able to go to school and don't have the freedom and some of the nice things that we have.  The teacher agreed and said, "We are blessed to have what we have unlike some people in some of those... creepy countries" [LOL] and the same kid responded... "Yeah, like Iowa!" bahahahah see what I mean, I couldn't contain myself.  I asked him what he meant and he said, "There were lots of drunk guys laying on the ground!"  seriously.  I could have kept him going forever I bet.. but I stopped myself.  I mean, it was church!

I won't lie.  I miss primary a little....

2 comments:

The Ure's said...

Oh my hilarious!! I love the home ward for that very reason.

running granny green said...

... and I'm dying to know who, "Who is that kid?!"