Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lately: My cure to Blogger's Block.

A couple of months ago, one of my friends and readers asked me if I ever have blogger's block? Well, I do.  I guess we have to take into account that I've been sick the last few days but I've just been feeling....
uncreative? yeah.  I think that's a word, right?

Whatever.  Today you're just getting random.  Here you go:

Lately--

I've been feeling crappy.  Like sore throat, stuffy nose crappy, although, today is much better than the last couple of days.  Don't worry though, I've been drugging up, coughing in my elbow pit (not my hands) and drenching myself in Anti-bacterial.  I'm on the down slope :)

I'm kind of starting to freak out at how long my hair is getting.  So what, it's only to my shoulders but that's the longest I'm pretty sure it's ever been and it's WEIRD!  I'm tempted to cut it.

Confession: You know you've watched one too many episodes of the Real Housewives (Atlanta, OC, BH, NJ..any of them) when you start thinking that you could really use some collagen in your lips.  Really? Earth to Jenn.. You have the tiniest mouth and lip injections would be completely ridiculous. I wouldn't do it but still.. it's crossed my mind.  Maybe I need to lay off the Bravo TV for a while? Nah...

The last few days I've been told by a couple of people (not even any of my friends) that I should have been a therapist.  I don't know what it is that makes people think they can tell me anything and everything?  Even thought I'm happy with the way things are going...I've really thought about it.  Do I go back to school? What comes next?  But then I think... omg, student loans, tests, hard work.  bleck.  We'll see.  For now I'll just stick to the unpaid, unprofresh therapist that I already am.  Heaven knows I enjoy it :)!  really.

I have this one personal "self improvement" goal that I've been struggling with and working on for like a year now... especially over the last month.  Just one of those stupid nasty habits that we get ourselves into and we know we have to kick it but just can't seem too... I'm determined to conquer.  I have to.
Whoa, whoa... before you start calling me to confession..don't worry! It's not THAT bad.  We all have our flaws.

A few of my friends were hanging out last night and one of them started playing the piano and I just thought. "wow.  I wish I would have learned or taught myself how to play."  It really made me sit for a moment and appreciate the talents that each person has.  Really.  We all can't be good at everything and I'm just glad that I have a well rounded group of friends and family that each bring something amazing to the table.  There's the girl who makes you want to be a better person, the kid who can't say anything without making you laugh, the athletic one, the calm/patient one, the peace maker, the planner, the prankster and the one that you just "click" with.  Isn't it a beautiful thing?!

Oh crap.  I just realized this could have been 4 different posts.  Gah.  I guess that's the cure to a blogger's block--just keep typing!

Happy Thursday Homies :)

1 comment:

The Ure's said...

Oh J-Dawg. I think you are the greatest!! Your blog posts are always so great! I love them all! I think my favorite part of this one was you describing all of our friends and me trying to figure out who is who. haha. love you frez!