Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler

About a billion posts ago, (I round up) I posted about how I love when bands have clever album/song titles.  Well, here's another one.  All Time Low's album "Put Up or Shut Up."  Yes, it's an older album but we can't excuse the fact that it rocks.


"The Girl's a Straight Up Hustler" is the fave. Not only because the lyrics to the song are sick but hellerrrrr crazy amazing song title!?! Bomb.





 Of course I went to Urbandictionary.com to "correctly" [bahahaha] define what a Hustler really is.  omg, I love urbandictionary.com.  especially the examples at the bottom of each definition. innapropriate, but nevertheless...hilarious.  Here's my favorite one (please ignore the grammar and punctuation in this..I had to leave it for effect..haha):


Hustler: someone who knows how to get money from others. selling drugs, rolling dice, pimpin. your hustlin for that money.


1)yo $10 a gram fool.

2)rolled a seven again, now pay me.

3)yo get over to that street corner B and make me some money.


Alright, so ATL wasn't referring to these kinds of Hustlers...the "pimping out/drug-pushing" kind.  The song is just about a boy who is sick of the "Hustler" of a girl who's left him a confused mess.  They're talking about the kind of girl who is really good at using what she's got to get everything she wants. Boys--she's the girl who puts on the heels and the designer jeans and wins you over simply because she is just so nice and gorgeous only for you to find out later [usually after you've fallen hard] that she never intended to date you or to be with you at all.  She was just being "nice" and really just sees you as a good friend.


Hustler.


I get it--girls can be cruel.  But just because the song is written about a girl, it doesn't mean that boys don't know how to do this too.  Girls, you know the kind I'm talking about.  We all know one of them.  It's the ones who always know ALL the right things to say and you can't help but fall for them because they are so stinking charming and attractive. Yep.  They are good at what they do too: Straight up Hustlin'.


Just trust me.  Listen to the song.

No comments: