Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lobster Red Calves and Pale Pink Shins.

We're supposed to learn from our mistakes.  To have one of those life altering moments where we pull ourselves out of the situation, occasionally slap ourselves in the face and say, "I really screwed up" or "OK.  Enough it enough."  It's at that moment that we commit to never go down that road again.  But why is it that we, at some point in our lives, tend to find ourselves in that same exact situation a second, third or even fourth time?

I'm not the person to be asking.  I'm notorious for making a few mistakes more than once.  Some bigger than others.  

On a small scale, it's like today when, after going tanning first, I decided that I was going to go outside to read and get some more sun.  It's common knowledge that overcast weather produces a nice burn but in the moment it's hard to know when enough it enough or when it's time to turn over.  Hours passed and because it's more comfortable to lay on my stomach to read I spent far more time that way.  I didn't want to turn over to my back because I was too comfortable the way I was.  I knew the physical consequences that would/did most definitely follow hours later--lobster red calves and pale pink shins.

I think we get that way some times.  We're too comfortable with the way things are going that we are afraid to admit that we need to make a change. 

Well friends, it's time.  Sure, the uneven burn will turn to tan and will even out but why not learn from it the first time and get it right the next time? :)

...I'm working on it. 


No comments: