For the last few days, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how fast November has just flown.. It's blowing my mind right now. I predicted that it would fly, but still--Wow! I mean, I go home for Thanksgiving in exactly one week from today.
Thanksgiving, people!
I guess that what happens when the holidays approach because there is just so much going on! I love it. I honestly can't think about how close we to getting to go home because I'm so excited I could just burst.
So for this next week I will just try to continue keeping busy like I've been doing.
Anywho. Here's a little Update:
Last week I went to Florida for a business trip. My coworker and I were able to pick a location of one of our events to attend before the year was up. Since things had been so crazy at work, we kind of pushed the whole thing aside and waited until October to pick a place, which left our options of places to attend a little limited. Texas, North Dakota, Georgia, ...Tampa. OK, yeah, we'll take Florida. Sure, we weren't excited about the long flight but we were just excited to see the sun and enjoy a little warmth.
The trip was only three days with travel so we really didn't get to go and do a lot. I'd been to Florida once before so it didn't really bother me. I knew that I LOVED the trees there [They are seriously fabulous. It's the perfect mixture of Palms and swampy/moss looking trees, which I love both of!] so just driving around and taking it all in was really nice. We also did a lot of eating out, went to the huge International Plaza mall (which I was totally impressed with) and then ventured over to Clearwater Beach on Friday morning/afternoon to explore. Aside from the weather being gorgeous, I just couldn't get over the fine, soft, white sand.
A beyond beautiful view:
These were all taken on friday morning/afternoon^^^ Beautiful, right? Well, we had to board the plane that night and landed in Salt Lake City to this:
Not only was I wearing my Moccasins, which are not the best shoes in the weather, but I didn't have a snow brush/scraper in my car yet. Totally not prepared. boo. I was ready to get back on the plane and head back at that point. Snow and I really just aren't best friends. However, I am grateful that have snow here during the holidays because I can't imagine living in Florida where it's warmish and singing Christmas songs. Um. yeah, that doesn't work for me. Maybe when I'm old?
Oh yeah, don't worry. We did some work while we were over there too. If you even call it work. We attended one of the FranklinCovey seminars that we help plan the logistics for everyday, all over the country. It was cool to see how it all comes together in the end and to know that none of it could work without the things that we do to make it happen. I guess it was just one of those times when you're like. "wow. What I do really does matter." So that was neat.
I also was able to make some goals of things that I want to do better in my life and with my roles as a daughter, sister, aunt, friend, and citizen. [Yes, I'm a sucker for those self-help things:)]
Aside from the work trip last week, everything is going pretty OK. I'm almost done with my Christmas Shopping (YAY Me, YAY online shopping), I'm feeling pretty organized with certain things, I'm super happy for a few people in my life who are making some huge steps, and overall I'm starting to feel a little more comfort with some of the things that have been bothering lately. Honestly, I woke up this morning and on the drive to work was just overwhelmed with how much I have to be grateful for.
..We just won't talk about the super "slow" dental assistant this morning who couldn't get the X-ray taken properly while FINALLY putting on my permanent crown, poked my un-numb gums, and talked like she's been living out of the country for the last 10 years even though you know she was probably lived her for forever..
I digress.
Here's to positive energy, deep breaths, and having things to look forward too :)
1 comment:
Yay fit fun business trips and being event planners. We are seriously the coolest people ever. End of story. Glad you had fun. Can't believe you're almost done with Christmas shopping! Jealous.
Post a Comment