Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving and the time grandma had a dream about my future.

I realized that I didn't do a post about what I was thankful for on Thanksgiving day.  When I come home I always seem to be non-stop busy.  From visiting family and friends, shopping, eating out, playing with mason, going to the movies, putting up the Christmas tree..Did I mention playing with Mason??...Well, we do it all.  I just seem to be busy during the entire time I'm home and I really do love it.

To say that this trip home was good would be an understatement.  I just love my family.  In fact, they are all the first things on my list of things to be thankful for.  Sure, we have our problems/issues (what family doesn't) but I love my family.  As I get older I realize more and more each time I come home about how much I have to be thankful for.  I think it's easy to get caught up in all these things we want and how we wish our life was, but when we actually stop and take a look at what we do have, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude.

I'm thankful for a dad who works so hard for his family, is not lazy and would do anything for us.  A Father who might not like his job, but, does what he has to do. I'm thankful for a mom who loves us more than ANYTHING in this world and would do anything for us.  She's the kind of mom where if you say you like something she has, she gives it to you.  I'm not saying that I'm thankful just because I love her stuff that she gives me, but that's just the kind of mom she is.  She would do/already does EVERYTHING for Jamie, Cole and I.  I'm also thankful that I'm able to see my parents be grandparents to Mason.  If I ever have any kids, they will be the luckiest because of the grandparents they will have.  Mason adores them.

I'm thankful for my siblings.  Sure, they joke around that I'm the adopted one, even at Thanksgiving dinner, but I know they love me.  I mean they should...I'm pretty awesome.  I'm also thankful that I am an Aunt.  I haven't been one for very long, but it's basically they best thing ever.  If you could just see that Mason boy.  He does this thing sometimes where he opens his eyes really big,  scrunches his face and kind of shakes as if he is mad (but he's not) and grabs  my face (putting one hand on each cheek) and then gives me kisses.  You guys, it's my favorite thing ever.  Well, and I love his hugs and the fact that he's pretty much the cutest baby in the world.  Haha. yeah, you get it,.. I love the kid.  I just wish he would say "Jenn" or something.  He's said "Nenn" a few times.  But that's about it.  And I have to BEG to even get that.  Don't worry that he sees anyone else in the family walk in the door and he says their name...even all three of the dogs. Yeah, I'm bitter about it a little, whatevs.  haha.  But he always comes to me because I'm fun!  HA.

Aside from my family, I'm thankful for friends who live close to me and friends far away who I still keep in contact with often.  Even though I sometimes really don't like living 5 hours away from my family, it's always comforting to me to know that I have a family of friends away from home.  I remember around this time a couple of years ago and I honestly didn't think that this would ever get better or that I would meet people that I really click with.  But I forced myself to get out and do what I knew I could do all along--be friendly with people.  It's nice to know that no matter where I end up going or as friends come and go, that I have this way of getting to know people and making friends and connecting with them.  It's kind of a blessing and a curse of how much I love the people I meet but I'm thankful for my ability to form great friendships.

I can think of a billion other things that I'm thankful besides the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the people that I have been blessed with in my life..Like my job, my apartment, a running car, and the fact that I literally have all the things that I need and never really have to go without... but I won't bore you with all of that.  I'm honestly just thankful to be me.  Sure, there are some things I need to work on, but I will save that one for a New Year's post.  Oh, while I'm talking about it, I'm really thankful for this last year and all the things that I've gone through that have helped me learned about strengths and my weaknesses.  .....Yeah, I just said I was thankful for trials ;) it happens.

I just can't believe how fast time is going.  Thanksgiving break is over which means Cole and I have to head back to Utah today, which means our birthdays are only days away and in a few weeks we will be right back for Christmas.  I don't want to go, but it's comforting to know that we will see them in just a few weeks.  Ugh.  If someone could just tell mason not to do anything cute while I'm gone, or get any bigger, that would be great.  Oh yeah, everything he does is cute.  Dang it! Even when he made a huge mess with his food at Thanksgiving dinner, wore his plate like a hat, and stuck cranberry sauce to the side of his face...it was the cutest thing ever.  And I don't like messes.  haha. Love that baby.  Love my family.  Love coming home. ...now, if only I could get a private jet because I'll tell you what I don't love--the 4.5 hour drive.  Could be worse I guess.

So back to Utah we come!  Time to put away all these birthday gifts and the TONS of dishes grandma Hansen is sending me home with.  Don't worry, she told me that she "hasn't lost hope" for me "yet" about getting married.  So she gave me this 50 piece set of super old dishes that she's been saving for me for when I get married.  Umm.. I feel like her giving me the dishes is like saying she's lost hope.  haha whatever..  She has good intentions.  Plus, she said she had a dream last week that I got married.  her exact words: "I had a dream you got married last night.  He had a kid..I'm not sure if it was a daughter or son but it looked like this was in the future."  BAHAHA we laughed about this all weekend.  Well, the family laughed while I silently cried.  kidding!  In the future?! haha.  of course it is.  Don't know if you noticed or not, but I don't have a BF or anything.  hahaha.  It think she just meant further in the future.  humph.  I should have asked her if I looked super old in the dream or something or if the dude was just old..  Whatever it was, as long as I don't have wrinkles or anything and the kid wasn't like super old then I'm OK with that.  I just wish she could have hooked a sister up.  It's like, if this is legit revelation from Heaven, Grandma, can't you at least give me a hint?  Like, what's his name, what does he look like, what are his digits? haha totally kidding.  But, good times with grandma.  Maybe there is hope after all.  Until, then.. I will enjoy by pitty wedding dishes! xoxo

No comments: