I've been struggling with some things for a while now and finally wasn't able to keep it in this morning. I got up pretty early and was reading my patriarchal blessing. I decided to call my mother and she just sat there and listened to me cry, whine, and confess the feelings I've been having and what I've been going through as of late. It honestly doesn't matter right now what those things are but I am just grateful for a mother who understands, who loves me for who I am [flaws and all], and who sincerely wants the best for me, even if she was caught off guard by the things I told her.
She is my cheerleader.
{I've thought about how hard it must be to be a mother and today I got a nice glimpse into it as I listened to my mom and felt her heart break for me. She really loves her children more than anything and I can only hope that SOMEDAY I will be able to know that same feeling--to be a mom.}
I talk to my mom everyday so we've had our fair shares of great conversations, but I will remember this one forever. We talked about life, goals, friends, family, prayer, weaknesses, repentance, fasting and trying to align our lives with what we want to become and what the Lord wants us to become. (of course that was the lesson in Relief Society as well...how can you not believe in the power of prayer?!)
She was able to make me see that I've known what I need to do all along, that I'm not a bad person, nor irrational...and that I am the person responsible for making my life the best that it can be and that I just need to trust myself and rely on the Lord.
She's right.
To my mother and all the other great mother's out there--Thank you for the special love you have for your children and for understanding that we aren't perfect but for still having a perfect love for us.
To those of us who aren't mother's yet--Take notes. Get your pom pom's ready :)
No comments:
Post a Comment