Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday

"If we get delayed, I would just die....OK, not actually die; that's a little dramatic." -Me to Amy waiting in line to board the plane.
"Well, at least you realize that!" -Random guy behind us in line
random people even call me out on it.  It's like, really?! rude.


"There are two malls.  The upscale international plaza and then the other mall which is still nice and will have some stores that she will like too."
-Hotel Worker at the Wyndham
We were getting ready to go out and go shopping or do something fun, so I asked one of the ladies that worked at the hotel about the malls around the area.  I'm not really sure what she meant by that...haha. It's probably my acting skills or something, or the fact that I actually got ready and dressed cute that day.  Or she just thought I was all fancy or something because I said we were there on business.  Guess my AE Black skinnies, fake designer earrings, and my Forever 21 chunky sweater fooled her. Get real, lady!  Whatevs.  But really, that mall was nice and had a great mix of normal stores and those stores you feel embarrassed even stepping foot into.  You feel me? good times.

*read this in your worst/thickest german-esque accent*
"I (g)hate when it do dat."
-Crazy lady worker at the Tourist shop
The best part was that she noticed that it looked like my blinged out iphone was falling out of my front pocket (you know, the shallow AE pockets) so she came up behind me and without saying anything touched my phone IN MY FRONT POCKET and tried to shove it further into my pocket with two pushes.  You guys, This was a nightmare.  At first I thought she was reaching into my purse, then I thought she was going to steal something or touch my lady area.  I mean, I had talked to her long enough and made friendly with her already so I knew she was crazy.. and I feed off crazy. So anyways, then she said this ^^ and I knew what she was trying to do.  I was scared for a second.  Who does that?  Oh yeah, crazy pants souvenir shop ladies who wear puffy down winter coats when it's 75 degrees outside.  Right. got it. 


"What's your deal?" -Jamie
"Can't I be happy?" -Me
"No.  It's too early." -Jamie
Silly Sister.  Doesn't she know that I'm a morning person and I just like to have a good time even at 7:30 AM?! 

"Do you have a wee wee?"
-Nadine's grandson who is just past the potty trained stage.
"No, girls don't have one."
-Nadine, I'm sure trying not to laugh.
"Well, did you cut it off or did it fall off?"
-funny child
The best part was that Nadine told my mom that he was so serious about it. HAHAHA kids are the best.  I would have been dying laughing.  I can't wait for Mason to say funny things like this!

"It's OK..*insert sad face* I'm the first girl in the world..." 
-Kiersten sad sadly after Nieko convinced her that she could be the first girl in the world to put out the flame of a candle by smothering it with her bare hand.
You guys, this was the best.  I don't like pain so I, of course, never tried this "game."  Apparently they like their hand to get burnt.  Whatevs.  Nieko and Cole have both done it and for some reason Kier was easily convinced that she would be "the first girl in the world" if she did it too.  She did it and she looked like she was going to cry.  I don't blame her.  OUCH. But she did this half smile/cry thing and said "I'm the first girl in the world." haha it was the best.

"We don't have those anymore, sorry."
-DQ worker in response to my question about Pumpkin Pie Blizzards.
Alright, I didn't want to even get started about this one.  BUT I don't care if you like Pumpkin or not, these blizzards are good.  Well, APPARENTLY they only have those in October.  I wanted to be like, "what kind of joke is this?" I mean, really...THINK about it.  Sure, pumpkins are a Halloween/Harvest thing, I get it.  But pumpkin pie is totally a November/Thanksgiving thing.  DQ, you need to check yourself. We are in November and a week out from Thanksgiving and you don't have Pumpkin Pie Blizzards? What a good trick.  I'm mostly just mad that Kiersten didn't even get to try one after I talked them up so much.  Devastation swept the room as I revealed the sad news.

4 comments:

Cathy J said...

Did you see if Arctic Circle has pumpkin pie shakes still? I don't know if they ever had them because I wouldn't eat it whether it was on the menu or not, but they might . . .

Jenn said...

I'm sure they do, but they just aren't the same. I honestly don't even care for the shakes. Those blizzards though--YUMMY! haha.

Savanna said...

It must just be that DQ because I got one like 2 days ago. You are right though they are FREAKING amazing and put Artic Circle's to SHAME!!

Jenn said...

Sav--what a beautiful comment. OK, I will try a different DQ :) yay. Stupid Layton DQ.