Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

2 more sleeps til sanity and a little Aretha.

It's a good thing I'm going on a Vacation for a week because last night I realized that I'm starting to get annoyed by just about everything and, let's be honest, no one should want to be around me when I'm like that.  Heck, I don't even like me when I act like that.  This, of course, makes me more annoyed because I am annoyed at myself for being so annoyed. ugh.  It's really annoying..:) 

Getting away is just the thing I need, so I'm counting down the days (2 more sleeps) until I can get on a plane and get a way for a bit with the family and finally take some time to breathe.

They say that you are always in complete control of the way that you react to things and I totally get that.  But sometimes it's really hard to stay positive, cheery, and happy when you are surrounded by all kinds of idiots and douche bags.  Alright, alright, I'm kidding (a little).  That's just what I think sometimes when I get really annoyed.  But really, after finally taking a deep breath this morning, I've realized that it's in those moments when I'm about to explode and go on yet another one of my rants, that I figure out that it's not worth it because it just makes me more annoyed.  That I really am in complete control of my attitude. *shocker*

There were multiple things that set me off last night but now that I look back I know that really, I could have just gone to bed (with out being a raging B to everyone in sight) and said more clearly, "I just need to go to bed... come back any other night, but tonight, I'm spent" because, I guess my "I'm super annoyed and just want to go to bed" act doesn't always to the trick.  Why?! Because people think I'm just kidding or being dramatic.  Umm..for future reference I'm usually not kidding and if I am kidding, you will hear me laugh or really verbalized that "I'm just kidding." k?

But there is a little part of me that loves that I can call someone a pretty rude name to their face and proclaim that I'm going to shoot myself if they don't shut up during my shows (because their rude DB comments are making me go out of my mind) and they will STILL sit there and joke around.  I feel like that means that I'm an inviting person or that people thing I'm just all around nice or something?  hmmm... I have a love/hate relationship with those qualities.

Despite the fact that I woke up annoyed and have decided that I'm over it.. here are just two things about me, that if everyone understood, the world of Jenn would be a happier place.

1.) I'm kind of a neat freak.  Closet and junk drawer aside, I like to have things in order, I hate clutter, and I especially don't like when the kitchen is dirty and when dishes just sit in the sink.  This leads me to the fact that I am a little OCD and have some weird quirks.  Like when things aren't in order I sometimes actually panic.  I really can't explain the way it feels but I hate it.  It's kind of like my sock thing or the whole thing about people handing me electronics and how I, 9 times out of 10, have to touch the other person before I take it.  All these things are weird, and I'm trying to get over them and the fact that not everyone is going to understand and tailor their habits to fit my craziness (with the whole clean and in order thing). Like I said, I'm trying. But if people would just understand that more, then I would probably be more relaxed with people.  It's OK, I'm working on having more patience with people :)

2.) I have the HARDEST time with people who don't treat others as equals or don't respect others. 

--"Yes, I am a women--NO, that does not mean I am your slave.  Just because I make the dinner, does that mean that I have to clean it up by myself?" (And i'm not talking about Coleman because honestly, I've trained him to clean up after himself, or at least to keep it out of the public areas of the apartment.)

--"Just because someone believes something differently or is a little different than you, doesn't mean you have to rudely vocalized that you are right and they are wrong."

-"This is my house, don't shoot those things in here. "PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF"

yada yada.  These are all thoughts that I had last night and they all come down to respect.  There isn't a lot of it these days..  My whole annoying night started when a kid asked me last night if I wanted a cookie when I made a point about making dinner AND cleaning it all up by myself.  yeah.. it happened. I could go off about how I feel about women's rights and what I think about the men who treat women like that, but I won't.

All I have to say is that I sincerely LOVE doing things for people that I love.  I love cooking people dinner, throwing parties and I will even clean up after people or buy them things, I enjoy doing that! I just don't like when people don't help out or act like they are entitled to everything.  When people don't have respect for the things that people do for them or take advantage of other people, that is when I have the problem. 

So, after a night of annoyance and enlightenment, I've decided that really...I only need to enforce one little word in my little apt to keep me less annoyed and everyone a happier camper.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
respect me
respect my shiz.
respect women.
respect beliefs.
respect each other.

Tip--To Respect someone: Find out why they are they way that they are.  Really get to know them...their quirks, their ticks ect.  I promise that will make your relationship with them 10 times stronger because you will just "get" them and most importantly--You'll just know when to back off ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha oh boy, love you. Love this. You're a patient woman. :)