I decided to stop following my Real Housewives gossip stuff on Twitter. I found that their tweets were crowding my feed and guess.what? I was skipping over them. Yes. I, Jennifer Hansen, was skimming over them. That's a huge deal for me! I actually feel kind of accomplished. I guess that's what happens when you go without Bravo for a month. I'll admit that I was sad to be losing the channel but part of me has been wanting that for sometime. I mean, at least I still have 'E', right?!
We Redboxed the movie 'Silent House' the other night. You know, that one with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's younger, not as pretty, sister? yeah, that one. Well, I actually liked it. It was weird, sick, twisted, and little creepy. [you know how I do.] Yes, it was rated R. And I would tell you why I think it's rated R (because, let's get real, it only says on F Word in it) but I can't tell you because that would ruin it. (Oh great, that made me sound like a freak.) But honestly, you wouldn't even think it was Rated R and I don't say that about many movies aside from War ones....Rent it, don't rent it. I don't care. Moving on.
I woke up with a baby sore throat yesterday morning. I thought it would be a one day thing. Yeah, no. I still have it. ummm. fml. All I have to say is that it better be better in a week from today because I REFUSE to be sick for this family trip that has been planned for months.
Once again I've found myself questioning what is normal. Not because I think that I'm not normal or that I really care but isn't the idea of "normalcy" a mind blowing topic to anyone else? I mean, I honestly don't care what people really think but sometimes I wonder, Am I normal or is everyone else normal and I'm the weird one and no one is telling me? Meh. Sometimes my mind gets carried away. But honestly, after doing ChatRoullete the other night with a couple of friends I've realized that I HAVE to be the normal one in the world. haha. jk. But really, there are a lot of sick freaks out there. Not that I'm judging or whatever.. ;) (but really, don't get on there..)
I've always said that me and elderly folk" don't mix. So I was called to the Activities committee in my new ward last week and for our activity we went to an Assisted Living Center last night to visit with some of the residents this week. I think I understand why I said that we don't mix for so many years. Plain and simple, I get attached to people way too easily. I mean, you go, you meet a cute little 97 year old lady by the name Iona, you talk, she laughs and thinks are are the cutest, funniest girl and then... she dies. Yes, that's me being dramatic and she really didn't die but it's true. I just don't think I'm cut out for the death thing yet. I have my beliefs about what happens after our earthly life and that knowledge is a great blessing but it's not what happens for the people who die that freaks me out. It's the people left behind. It's like... omg.. never mind. Really, the thought of all of it gives me anxiety. Basically what I'm saying is that I had a great time visiting with them (and making a fool out of myself singing an old girl's camp song about a banjo because the chairperson didn't have anything planned), but thinking about how old (legit fear #1) and lonely (legit fear #2) they are?...well, I just can't handle it. It's really just the after part that gets me so worked up. Clearly.
I want to try to go back once a month though. Because, despite the whole over thinking/freaking out thing that I do afterward, I really enjoyed my time with them. They are so cute and funny! I will have a few quotes for you on Wednesday :) And even though some of them probably have people who visit them often, I just can't help but feel heartbroken over the thought that any of them feels alone...It's already enough that they have to be sad about being old!! There I go, 25 and feeling like I relate to a 97 year old. I need to get a grip. haha
I'm starting to get excited for our little trip next week. Not because it's supposed to be the Happiest place on the planet but just because I'm excited to get away and just be with my family for a little bit. If I can kick this cold that is.
So Sav and B are getting married in less than two weeks. I really can't believe it! Time just goes by so fast. I've been working on their slide show and I just can help but tear up. I just love how in love they are. It's adorbs. Honestly, in general, seeing people that I love be in love makes me so happy.
omg.. it's almost 2 and I haven't showered. (Random enough for you?) kBYE!
So Sav and B are getting married in less than two weeks. I really can't believe it! Time just goes by so fast. I've been working on their slide show and I just can help but tear up. I just love how in love they are. It's adorbs. Honestly, in general, seeing people that I love be in love makes me so happy.
omg.. it's almost 2 and I haven't showered. (Random enough for you?) kBYE!
2 comments:
Miss you!! :) love this.
OMG so exciting!! AH!! I can't wait to see it!!
Post a Comment