Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pictures from the past. A super random post of crap you probably don't care about.


I don't know what possessed me to do it but last night I pulled down the tote with all of my pictures of the last 6 years or so.  I was really just looking for one thing but I couldn't stop flipping through the pages of the books. Pictures from college, trips, family things, you name it.  If I had my camera (yeah, didn't have the fancy smart phones for almost all of my college years. weird. I'm old) then we were taking pictures.

As I sat in my over-sized closet and looked at pictures from the past I could help but get a little emotional.  Isn't it amazing how much you can forget?  I usually can't remember what I did a couple days ago so pictures are honestly the best thing to help spark up some great memories.

Looking through them brought up a few different emotions.  I was happy because I was laughing at all of the good times I've had and all of the great people who have blessed my life, and some of the things we wore, and how we looked, but at the same time couldn't help but get a little sad.  I don't get to see some of these people very often, if at all anymore and that sucks because they were such a huge part of my life.  BUT, I'm so grateful for the way things happened and when they did.  

Even though I miss those times, I was reassured that everything has happened the way it was supposed to happen and when it was supposed to happen and I am a better person because of it all.  From my first roommates and best friends in college, to the heartbreaks and breakdowns.  They were exactly what needed to happen at the time and what helped to get me to where I am right now.

I know this isn't a "new years/new beginnings" post or whatever, but as I shut the tote again last night, I realized that I need to start filling up a new one because the college one is full--And that is super exciting!  I've got a pretty good start from the past two years.  I will probably call it "Post College: Trying to be an adult."  Because that's really what I'm doing.  I'm having so much fun but in the midst of it all, just trying to find a balance and figuring out what I'm going to do next.  Never ending story.  [Just like my love for carbs.  Which, I know I've mentioned multiple times, but after looking at some of my past pics.. the carbs need to GTFO again. merp.]

But on the real, I learned on twitter that you go through a cycle of friends/experiences every 7 years.  I still talk to quite a few people from the last 7 years and am still really close to a few so I'd say I'm in better shape than some.  According to UberFacts, I guess :)

Here are just a few I quickly picked from the college days tote. There were SOOO many more that were cracking me up last night.  The ones that didn't make it on to Facebook way back when.  [Can I just mention that they are probably on Myspace since that was still the big deal the first year of college?  Omg. ha ha. Am I really getting that old?]


BYU-I Fall Semester '06 Roommates. Davenport #10

BYU-I Winter Semester '07 Roommates. Davenport #6
Mexico.  The time I picked an ATV tour over Swimming with the dolphins.
*Dang you "open water fear."*
Mexico 07
High School Besties.. and Sierra.
Florida, Friend Trip 2009

BYU-I Winter Semester '09

Hyrum's Super Hero Birthday 2009

Just a collage from one of the best years :)


 

Savanna's Birthday Hummer/Dress Up/Dinner

Hyrum's Bday Dinner 2010

Our 1 year friendship anniversary.

My Relief Society Girls 2010 :) Love.

Can we please note that the BFF, Savanna is getting married in like 24 days? EEK!!! Can't wait :)


1 comment:

Savanna said...

OMG I forgot some of those memories! I totally am doing this post next!! Love you sista!! Here's to another billion years of memories!