Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trying to find a way to deal.

One of the many things I've learned about myself in the last couple of years is that I don't like putting up with people's crap.  I've wasted too much time on it.  Here are some of the things recently that I can not tolerate.

*When people pretend that there isn't a problem.
*When people make up problems.
*When people feel bad for themselves (more than just occasionally because, let's be honest sometimes we need to go "WAH, Fml." I get that.)
*When people are delusional.
*When people pretend that they are the only people who have "real" problems.
*When people think that ignoring the people they have a problem with will solve their problem.

I could go on.

PEOPLE-- These things ^^ don't get us anywhere.  In fact, they leave us more miserable because sooner or later we are going to have to solve our issues.  If we let them just sit there and wait for another day, they usually get worse and in the meantime can leave problems in the relationships of those that we really care about.

Sometimes I just wish I could shake a few people and say, "WAKE UP! Don't you see that you need to pull it together and just talk it out with the right people instead of complaining to me?"

Don't get me wrong.  I will listen and sympathize with people when they have real issues.  I love to do that because I genuinely care about people in my life and would basically do anything for them. But when it comes to the point that those people aren't doing anything to fix it, or aren't even trying...That's when I have the problem and get annoyed.

I have a lot of things going on recently and I've been trying to work them out.  But you don't see me sitting and crying (ok, maybe crying a little) and hoping that things will just get better.  Yeah. Right. I'd be delusional to think that I can just move on and hope that it will fix itself.  I'm trying to actually do something about them because that it the only way that we can remove the toxic things out of our lives.  (the things that cause us stress or to be unhappy).

Can we just do each other a favor and DEAL?  Stop being delusional and just deal with the crap in our own lives?  And in the meantime, a little word of advice, if I may?  While you're at it, if you think your life is so miserable and that things aren't going right and you find yourself thinking that your life is hell....Stop thinking about just yourself.  Get up and help someone else.  You'll feel better about it and you'll realize that there are people out there who have it way worse than you do.  Some of the best relationships I have in my life are with people who, together, we help each other cope with the craziness of life.  Not in a, "let's sit and complain about it" kind of way but in a, "I just need a little support and push in the right direction so I can fix this."  When you go through things like that with people, (I don't care who you are), you grow this connection with them and you genuinely begin to love more and I am a firm believer that love brings happiness and meaning to life.

Please, just stop the pity parties.  It's a beautiful day! Get up and try to figure out what you can do to get things to go the way you want them to go.  Sure, there will be things that you have no control over, I'm figuring that out more and more each day.  But you can decide how you let those things effect your life.

Life is too short to be miserable over things that we have control over.  So, I guess what I'm saying is..whatever you do, just FIND a way to be happy and then use that to make other people happy.

That's all I ask.

Here's to a good day of dealing with the stress and figuring crap out!
P.S.  It's SUCH a beautiful day already..  mm.. I love the weekend :)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Very lovely. I like this a lot! Thank you :) Miss you lots xoxo