Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

OHH OHHH It's Magic :)

I'm BAAAAACK (omg, do you remember that Dinosaur movie "We're Back?" Yeah, I totally got it in the 5 dollar bin at Walmart a while back. Don't hate.).  But honestly it feels like forever since I've posted.  Reality--It's only been about a week and a half, but oh boy has this girl been busy.

Disneyland with the family was so much fun!  I think I mentioned before that this was the first family trip since the 'Hansen 5' added a James, a Regan and a baby Mason.  Actually, this is the first real family vacation that we were all together outside of Idaho and Utah since I was like 12 or something.  No joke.  There was just never time for family vacations growing up since we were fully invested in showing animals at the fair.  So, really this Disneyland trip was major for us.  Haha.  Not only would we all be together but we were getting on a plane and going somewhere.  Yeah, I know.  Big time ;)

I was actually a little nervous getting ready for this trip.  I didn't know how Disneyland would be with a baby and I honestly didn't know how everyone's conflicting personalities would get along in a crazy place like Disneyland.  I especially didn't know how my dad would be since he never really leaves his animals unless it's for a couple nights to visit Cole and I in Utah or to go hunting.  Yeah, I was a little nervous.  Sure, there were times where I was like "umm. ok." But really, it was so much fun because at the end of the day, we are family. 

First off, can I just say that my parents are so funny?! I didn't do a Wednesday Witty Words post this last week because I was on a plane and didn't have my laptop with me, BUT pretty sure I could do a Tracy Hansen segment.  The stuff that comes out of his mouth is so funny.  I really just love my parents. They're a good time. (PS. I'm just going to combine the last two weeks into one post tomorrow:))

Let's talk Disney.  It was hot.  Good thing I love getting sun, so I didn't mind.  However, I think I was expecting less people because I thought some people would be in school or something.  Nope.  Everyone had the same idea we did.. plus, it was a holiday weekend so whatever.  I'm just trying to figure out how I ever did Disneyland in a Day because we did a 3 day hopper pass this time and we still didn't get around to everything.  I'm sure we would have but taking a baby with you is a different experience.  I'm not complaining, I love Mason more than anything so having him there with us and seeing him enjoy the rides and the magic of that place was so fun. It's just hard when it's so hot...and, well, babies have different schedules than adults.  So yes, there were some naps, some frustrations and  some early lunches/dinners.  All in all, we made it work and it was great!

James and Jamie paid for our Disney tickets as our Christmas gifts. Ummm, Best Sister and Brother in Law award? Yeah, pretty much!

He loved minnie
                       



Ok, Cars Land.  Fabulous.  You honestly feel like you are walking right through the movie, it's THAT awesome.  The not so awesome part?  120 minute waits for the Radiator Springs Racer ride.  yeah, Count us out.  No way, I was going to wait that long. However, just walking around Cars land was so fun.  I'm still amazed at how they did it all. It's FAB.

omg. I love my family. 




I spent a lot of time with Mason on the trip. You know that I love him...that's nothing new.  But I equally enjoyed spending more time with Regan on this trip.  She is 100% my niece and I love her.  

My mom and I were talking on the trip one day and we decided that it honestly didn't matter what rides we went on or what we did on the trip, it was just nice being all together in one place.  I mean, even when we are home, Dad or Jamie and James are working, or there is always something that someone has to do... on this trip, it was just us spending time together as a family.  That's what it was all about.  

We laughed a lot, got super tired feet, argued a minimal amount, shopped, went on rides, watched TV on the hotels, watched lots of beautiful fireworks, ate too much and then justified it for all the walking we were doing....haha. It was a great trip!
--------------------------------------------------------------
After we finally landed back in Utah on Wednesday, there was no time to relax.  I quickly had to unpack my bag, do laundry and pack again.  I decided to get up at 3 am so I could be out the door by 4:00am to head to Rexburg for Savanna and B's wedding.  The wedding didn't start at the Temple until 11 but I realized that I wouldn't really get to talk to her much so I decided to surprise her and showed up at Reflections for her hair appointment at 7 AM.  I'm so glad I did! I was able to sit and chat with her for a couple of hours while she got her hair done.  Oh, and I got us some Cinnamon rolls across the street at Great Harvest that were basically the size of our faces.  nbd.  

I was a little nervous about the temple because, being a bridesmaid/basically maid of honor (as the photographer called me :) haha) I really needed to have my dress for the temple.  Well, there was some confusion and my dress wasn't quite ready.  In fact, Mariah had to safety pin the side of the dress so that I could be in the pictures as planned.  omg.  I will just tell you it was kind of a nightmare.  However, you couldn't really tell, and I'm sure the pics will turn out just great (fingers crossed).

I held her flowers and waited for Savanna to come out of the temple as Mrs. Taylor!  I can't even put into words how beautiful she looked and how happy they looked as they walked out of that beautiful temple.  There were so many people there in support of them and I know she appreciated that a lot.  Everything just seemed to go so great (bridesmaid dress problem aside.) It was just a perfect day.  Even the cloudy weather that brought rain later on, made for Fabulous pictures.  Awww. I'm just so happy for them.  I love love.  And honestly, It made me think a lot more about what I want in a husband maybe someday.  And for me, that's pretty huge.

Then it was on to the luncheon and then off to Parma that night for another weekend with my Family and Savanna's reception on Saturday. I just love spending time with family.  And truly, the Blaylocks are my second family.  OH, and I finally met Hyrum and Emma's baby, Grace.  What a fun thing to witness.  To see my best friend from High School and College hold his little baby girl.  Wow.  Tear to the eye, so cute!

Really, what a fun week!  

Now, I'm just trying to get caught up on sleep and getting back to my adult (almost 25) adult life. 

omg.

No comments: