Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

These are the girls in my family.  The one with the adorable dimples next to me is my mother.  The other with the gorgeous smile and ridiculously tan skin is my older sister.  Both moms.  Both incredible.


Growing up, people who always ask me what I want to be.  I'd reply with singer, dancer, astronaut, you know, all the typical answers of a child with big dreams.  Now I'm older, done with college and people don't ask me that question any more.  If they did I would tell them that I want to be a mom.  I know I could be good because I have such great examples in my life.

First, I need to give a shout out to my sister who got married last year and became an instant mom to a teenager, Regan.  I can't even express how much I love and look up to my sister.  She is one of the strongest people I know and her life has been blessed tremendously for it. She has the cutest little family and a tiny little baby on the way.  Yes, Regan is my niece now and she is incredible but this will be our first little baby nephew.  I couldn't be more excited for our family to grow and to watch Jamie raise this little boy.  She's already a great mom to Regan.

Then there is my mother who is the ultimate example of a great mom.  One who puts her children before herself ALL the time.  Who, without fail, cries every time we have to leave when we're visiting home.  Who encourages me to do things like getting my hair done and even tanning because she knows it will make me feel better (that's one of my favorites).  Who really was the "cool/hip" mom growing up and still is.  Who reminds us everyday how much she loves us and teaches us great lessons about how to be a better person and who talks to me on the phone multiple times everyday [you think she's be annoyed with me..haha].  My mom's been through the most but I've never seen her lose faith.  She truly is my angel and best friend and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending me to her and my Dad and for blessing me with an AMAZING brother and sister.

Someday I will be a mother and when that day comes, I can only hope [for my children's sake] to be just like them--the Greats!

Happy Mother's Day :) I LOVE YOU.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Jenn,
Thanks for the nice words you said about me. I think it is the other way around. I am a lucky mother. I have 3 great kids, who I love dearly. You guys are my examples. I love you!