I needed a break from Utah. Don't get me wrong... I love it there and I'm really starting to feel comfortable with the fact that it's my temporary home. But there is nothing like passing the border of Utah and seeing the "Welcome to Idaho" sign. Every time I cross that line I feel like I can breathe a little better. Exaggerated statement? Maybe a little. But it just feels good so just go with it.
The trip was mostly just to get away, see the family and to rest. I'm half way through my weekend and I've already gotten a lot of that in. My favorite part (besides last night when I zonked myself out with codine and Tylenol PM and pretty much got more sleep then I have in the last 2 months) has been seeing my cute/pregnant sister. She is due in less than a month and I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen her a lot since we found out she was pregnant so seeing her this weekend made it all so real. She hasn't gained a ton of weight but her belly is just so cute.
The whole baby process is just so magical. Sure it makes me a little sick thinking about it (you can blame my Women's Health teacher in college who made us watch a birthing video...it ruined me) but I'll admit the whole thing just blows my mind. That she has this little person growing inside of her and that he is a part of our family already. Oh man. I could go on and on!!
Yesterday we were doing some baby shopping (so fun btw) and as we were driving home Jamie grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach and I could feel him moving in there. A baby. MY baby nephew! I'm just so excited. That's all. I'm sure you will get to know the little guy really well on here since he will probably be so cute that I will have to bring him up every now and again :) soooo sorry in advance for that. I will try to limit it.
Other highlights so far from my ridiculous family that I adore:
1.) My mom at Goodwood pointing to her chicken wrap and asking the waitress, "Do you have any sauce?" and the waitress responding, "Um.. what kind of sauce?" This is the moment where mom just stares at her with a blank stare. Really mom? You can't just assume that they know what sauce you are talking about! hahaha. funny! You can guarantee that Jamie and I made fun of her for the rest of the night.
2.) Watching a kid do tricks on his bike in the parking lot and him TOTALLY biffing it hardcore. Hilarious because he totally was asking for it!
3.) Driving by a bunch of peacocks and me not being able to resist doing peacock calls to them as loud as I can. seriously, I'm just so good at it, I can't help it! And they always talk back to me. I'm good. No doubt :)
Words of advice on this lovely Memorial holiday weekend? Visit those who have passed away and spend time with your family and those you love.
Happy Weekend Peeps!
2 comments:
We were just as happy to have you home as you were. Watching the peacock whisperer do her thing was real impressive. Love you
I totally get the Idaho thing. I miss Idaho big time.
Post a Comment